With the many industries in the world today, we need sustainable practices that respect the planet and plants, support non-profit organizations, and remain open to constant improvements. Asha Apothecary is a CBD brand that ticks the boxes for the point as mentioned above. Its mantra is to ‘create the future it wants to live in, not by fighting the present world, but by building a new one to make the old version obsolete.’ The brand comprises a team of designers and scientists committed to being the good the world needs. The website mentions that the team is willing to go to all heights with tears, love, and sweat to source the best ingredients and use them to provide those who need CBD products with them. Are Asha Apothecary products worth your pence? Find out by peering through our 2022 full review of the brand.
About the Company
Asha Apothecary was launched in 2019 and is headquartered in Venice Beach, California. According to the Asha Apothecary website, the company comprises a team of designers and scientists willing to go to all heights with sweat, love, and tears to source the best ingredients and manufacture the best quality CBD products to benefit those who need them. Kirtan Patel is Asha Apothecary’s developer, who also created the brand after working successfully for several organic and natural brands. Managing several brands of an organic background gave him the experience that he coupled with his Indian-related drive to start the brand. He has a positive outlook and purposes to improve the company as time advances.
The brand is run by four people, Kirtan being one of them. Two of the other three fellows are marine ecologists and climate experts, while the remaining person has a background in market and graphic design. Together, the team uses the tools of modern science to extract versatile health-promoting compounds from the honorable ancient botanicals, resulting in premium quality CBD products that shoulder the weight of the world.
The following specs are true to Asha Apothecary;
- Extracts feature broad-spectrum formulations
- Extract consumption methods include CBD gummies, capsules, tinctures, topicals, softgels, and non-CBD products
- Total CBD amounts in the products range from 25 mg to 1000 mg
- The average price point is $0.11 per mg CBD
- CO2 extraction method strips CBD from the hemp surface
- Sufficient information about the team members
- Free shipping for all orders to all destinations
- A 30-day money-back guarantee
- USDA-certified organic hemp and ingredients
- USA-sourced hemp used for manufacturing CBD products
- Scannable QR codes for viewing online lab results
- Lab results can be viewed by keying in batch numbers
- All products passed purity and THC potency tests
Asha Apothecary uses high-quality hemp to produce its premium CBD products. It sources its hemp from Colorado farms. These farms plant non-GMO hemp strains and observe organic farming practices, minimizing chemical usage in the entire cycle. The hemp is phytocannabinoid-rich and is subjected to the CO2 extraction method to strip the thick CBD oils from its surfaces to make broad-spectrum CBD products.
We loved our buying experience on the Asha Apothecary website. The process was intuitive since the website was straightforward and easily navigable. On the main menu, there is a Shop All button that one clicks to view all the products in the inventory and bundled deals. You select as many items as you want, add them to the cart, and check out once done. The next stage involves keying in your billing details and the physical location address, after which the order is processed. Returning buyers, first-time buyers, and people coupons have various discounts they can take advantage of to save a few bucks. Asha Apothecary ships orders of all values to all destinations and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee that accepts claims from dissatisfied clients and offers them full refunds when the claims are justified.
Transparency and Reputation
According to the website, Asha Apothecary’s mission is to promote regenerative practices in hemp farming. In line with this, the company partners with Kiss the Ground, a non-profit making organization that champions regenerative practices because of its soil-saving and waste-minimizing abilities. Moreover, the brand uses carbon-negative labels, further showing its commitment to saving the environment. Besides, the brand is diligent about conducting third-party tests to examine all its CBD products for potency and purity in harmony with the quality and control regulations. The ‘My CBD Test’ section of the website allows one to view the lab reports by keying in the batch number on the label.
Asha Apothecary conducts indoor and 3rd party tests for all the products in its inventory and posts the b results online, making it tick all boxes for transparency. However, the brand needs to improve its accuracy parameters. The 750 mg softgels had 891 mg CBD, revealing a high variance of 18.8%, which is quite higher than the 10% acceptable limit. Still, some items, including the broad-spectrum topical salve, posed low variances (0.34%), way below the 10% acceptable limit. Since the brand deals in broad-spectrum formulations, its products should not have detectable THC, and the lab reports confirmed this. Lastly, all the items in Asha’s inventory passed purity tests, showing no heavy metals, yeasts, residues, solvents, molds, and other foreign contaminants.
Asha Apothecary is a legal US hemp grower that sources hemp from Colorado farms for manufacturing its CBD products. The farms are USDA-certified for upholding safe organic practices and minimizing or eliminating the usage of chemicals, pesticides, and herbicides through the cycle. Once the hemp plants mature, hemp is harvested and taken to the manufacturing facilities. The next stage involves subjecting the hemp to CO2 extraction to strip CBD oil from the hemp surfaces. This technique is touted as safe in the cannabis space because it extracts CBD and other versatile compounds needed to augment its functions, leaving no solvent behind. This is important because some solvents are harmful to human help. The resulting extracts are in broad-spectrum CBD formulations and deliver the full entourage effect of CBD, CBD, CBN, terpenes, and flavonoids without THC.
The next stage is formulating the extracts with MCT oil as the base carrier to boost their absorbability and bioavailability and increase the body’s chances of taking them fast into the bloodstream. Asha Apothecary then conducts indoor purity and potency tests before sending the extracts to an independent lab for 3rd party tests. The latter is part of quality and control regulations that ensure the CBD products have the actual CBD and THC contents as indicated on the labels and that they are pure and lack heavy metals, mycotoxins, microbials, and other foreign contaminants. The results are posted online on the ‘My CBD Test’ section, and you can view them by scanning the QR codes on the labels or key in batch numbers.
Range of Products
Asha Apothecary has a decent inventory, featuring the following CBD products;
1. Asha Apothecary CBD Tinctures
These tinctures feature broad-spectrum formulations and 450 or 900 mg total CBD. Their recommended dosages are ½ to 1 dropper (1 ml), which should be taken orally or sublingually. They are made from CO2 extracted CBD and are formulated with MCT oil for increased bioavailability.
2. Asha Apothecary CBD Gummies
These edibles come in 300 mg broad-spectrum CBD formulations and feature assorted fruity flavors. Each gummy delivers 10 mg CBD and has an average price point of $0.13 per mg CBD. They are strictly taken orally.
3. Asha Apothecary CBD Softgels
The softgels come in broad-spectrum formulations and are MCT oil formulated to increase bioavailability. A serving is 1 softgel that delivers 25 mg CBD with an average price point of $0.11 per mg CBD. Like other products in the inventory, they are made from CO2 extracted CBD.
4. Asha Apothecary CBD Topicals
The topical line offers salves with 500 mg broad-spectrum CBD formulations. These are made from CO2 extracted CBD and feature additional ingredients like shea butter, eucalyptus, and essential oils. They are strictly applied topically and not otherwise. The 500 mg salve has a 16.67 mg/ml potency and costs $54.99, revealing a $0.11 per mg CBD average price point.
What We Like About the Company
While reviewing Asha Apothecary, we appreciated many things about this brand. For instance;
- The 30-day money-back guarantee allows dissatisfied clients to raise claims and get full refunds when the claims are justified
- Asha Apothecary offers free shipping for all orders and a 20% offer for first-time buyers
- All products on the brand’s inventory passed contaminant tests, and were free of pesticides, solvents, residues, yeasts, molds, and heavy metals
- The Asha Apothecary website is detailed and reveals enough information about the team members
- The brand has bundles clients can take advantage of to save a few bucks by buying multiple products in the same or different categories once
- Asha Apothecary deals in broad-spectrum CBD products, allowing users to benefit from the full entourage effects of different cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids without the psychoactive effects of THC
- A product quiz on the website helps clients who are uncertain about what to buy to identify the products that would suit their needs
- The brand uses recyclable labels and shipping packages, showing true respect and concern to save the environment
- The custom QR codes on the product labels help a client access online lab results
What We Do Not Like About the Company
Despite the many perks discussed above, Asha Apothecary has room for improvement. For instance;
- It does not offer full-spectrum CBD products
- A web visitor cannot view the lab reports unless he has a batch number for the products in the brand’s CBD inventory
- Some products, including the 750 mg softgels, had higher variances than the 10% acceptable CBD limits
- The average price point of $0.11 per mg CBD is pretty higher than what other USDA-certified brands offer
- The 25 mg to 1000 mg CBD concentration range leaves no strong products veterans would appreciate
Our review of Asha Apothecary was positive, and the brand only needs to increase its product lines, introduce CBD products with stronger potencies, lower its average price point, introduce full-spectrum CBD products, and focus more on potency to perform even better. Still, it is commendable how easily navigable the site is, the brand has committed to conducting rigorous 3rd party tests and shipping all orders for free. Besides, the USDA certification for organic practices, the clean CO2 extraction methods, and the 30-day money-back guarantee are the brand’s strongholds.