Blueberry muffins are easy to make and do not require many ingredients. These muffins can be a perfect dish for your breakfast that will make you relaxed and full through your first hours of the day.
Taking them as your first meal in the morning is better to start your day. You can make your muffins stronger by adding CBD. Depending on your preferences, you can choose to add a few drops of CVD oil or a higher amount. CBD is safe, so you do not need to worry about making your muffins so strong with CBD.
What is CBD?
CBD means cannabinoid. It is an exciting compound from the hemp plant. What makes it exciting is the many properties in the compound. Currently, CBD is undergoing various medical and scientific research. Ueberall et al. (2019) noted that CBD might have the ability to cure various conditions such as chronic pain and depression. CBD is the second most abundant compound in the hemp plant. The most abundant one is THC, the compound known to make its users high. This is among the major reasons people avoid taking CBD products because they fear getting high. CBD is not psychoactive; it is loaded with health benefits. Your body has an endocannabinoid system. The receptors in the system detect the presence of CBD molecules affecting how the body works. You can get CBD in oil, tinctures, gummies, supplements, drinks, or edibles.
What are the Benefits of Taking CBD?
The human body has an endocannabinoid system through which CBD goes through. The system has receptors transmitting the compound throughout the body affecting its functions. According to Katchan et al. (2016), endocannabinoids are responsible for regulating appetite, moods, sleep, and pain, among other functions. Baswan et al. (2020) explained that CBD has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that calm pain and help maintain healthy skin. CBD is known for treating cancer-related pain, especially one that occurs during treatment. Campos et al. (2016) showed that CBD can improve heart health and provide the body with neuroprotective properties. You do not necessarily need to take CBD in its raw state. You can enjoy infusing it in edibles such as blueberry muffins and still get all of its benefits.
How to Make the Best Blueberry Muffins with CBD
CBD is very sensitive. It can easily lose its potency due to mishandling. When baking, do not expose CBD to too much heat as it might lose its potency. Store CBD oil in airtight containers in a dark room as it is sensitive to light. Add CBD as the last ingredient while preparing your muffins. Do not use alternative ingredients, strictly use the ones provided in the recipe. Ensure your ingredients are at room temperature. If you are using frozen blueberries, defrost them completely. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Excess liquid may make the dough wet.
Blueberry Muffins with CBD Tools Required
- Baking tray
- Oven thermometer
- A large mixing bowl
- 2 small mixing bowls
- A tester/toothpick
- Whipping stick
- 2 measuring cups
- A dropper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spare some more flour to coat the berries, and dust the baking pan
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white/brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon salt 1 cup berries
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 100 ml lemon-flavored CBD oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. It might take up to 20 minutes for your oven to reach 350 degrees. Meanwhile, prepare the dough.
- Line the cupcake tin. Smear some butter on the base and dust it with flour to prevent the muffins from sticking to the tin.
- In the large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Combine them until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract, and stir to mix them well.
- Beat the egg in a small separate bowl and add it to the other ingredients in the mixing bowl. Combine them well.
- Add milk, followed by CBD oil. Use droppers to scoop the oil. Mix them well to ensure CBD oil is infused well into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt)
- Sieve them into the wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Stir at a medium speed until they are well combined. Do not over-mix, as it may make your muffins rubbery and dense.
- In a separate bowl, toss blueberries with two teaspoons of flour. Tossing the berries in flour prevents the berries from sinking to the bottom.
- Add the berries into the batter. Mix well to ensure the berries are evenly distributed.
- Scoop batter into the muffin tins. Sprinkle some sugar on top (optional)
- Bake for 18-21 minutes until the muffins are lightly brown on both sides. Insert a toothpick or a tester into the middle until it comes out clean. Do not regularly open the oven door. Cold air might get in, making the muffins sink.
- Cool them on a rack wire
How to Serve Blueberry Muffins with CBD
You can make the muffins more delicious by preparing simple toppings. Mix powdered sugar and pineapple juice until icing forms. Sprinkle over the muffins. You can also add some chia seeds on the top. If you intend to share with friends, let them know your muffins have CBD. Watkins et al. (2021) discovered that CBD is safe for healthy adults. It might interact with some medications. CBD edibles might not be safe for pregnant and nursing mothers
Blueberry muffins with CBD are easy to prepare. It is a good way of enjoying taking CBD rather than taking it in the form of tinctures and capsules. As CBD is safe, you can use a high amount of oil, depending on your preferences. This article has highlighted the tools, ingredients, and instructions to follow in preparing your muffins. If you intend to share your muffins with a friend, let them know they contain CBD. CBD is not safe for people under certain medications, pregnant and nursing mothers.
Baswan, S. M., Klosner, A. E., Glynn, K., Rajgopal, A., Malik, K., Yim, S., & Stern, N. (2020). Therapeutic Potential Of Cannabidiol (CBD) For Skin Health And Disorders. Clinical, Cosmetic And Investigational Dermatology, 13, 927.
Campos, A. C., Fogaça, M. V., Sonego, A. B., & Guimarães, F. S. (2016). Cannabidiol, Neuroprotection And Neuropsychiatric Disorders. Pharmacological Research, 112, 119-127.
Katchan, V., David, P., & Shoenfeld, Y. (2016). Cannabinoids And Autoimmune Diseases: A Systematic Review. Autoimmunity Reviews, 15(6), 513-528.
Ueberall, M. A., Essner, U., & Mueller-Schwefe, G. H. (2019). Effectiveness And Tolerability Of THC: CBD Oromucosal Spray As Add-On Measure In Patients With Severe Chronic Pain: Analysis Of 12-Week Open-Label Real-World Data Provided By The German Pain E-Registry. Journal Of Pain Research, 12, 1577.
Watkins, P. B., Church, R. J., Li, J., & Knappertz, V. (2021). Cannabidiol And Abnormal Liver Chemistries In Healthy Adults: Results Of A Phase I Clinical Trial. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 109(5), 1224-1231.