Cancer is one of the fatal epidemics that has plagued society. Billions of dollars have been set aside for scientific research on the possible cure of this dangerous disease. However, at the moment, there is no specific cure for cancer. Chemotherapy is hailed as an effective intervention but can only prove successful when cancer is diagnosed at early stages, while others don’t become successful. However, CBD has been mentioned as an alternative that can destroy cancer cells.
CBD has been rumored to kill cancer cells by experts. Today, there is no definitive answer to this allegation, and in-depth research is still needed to establish this. Nonetheless, research has found that marijuana has the potential of relieving cancer patients and to the extent of eradicating cancerous cells. In this post, we shall outline how CND oil can be used as an alternative to destroying cancer cells. But first;
What Is CBD Oil?
Before delving into the relationship between CBD and cancer cells, let’s understand what marijuana is. CBD is one of the major components of cannabis. This popular plant is used all over the world for either medicinal or leisure purposes. It has been accorded many nicknames such as marijuana, hemp, pot, grass, cannabis, hash, ganja, and weed. However, most of the names are just used for pleasure.
Cannabis experiments have been done for ages. With the new developments in science, the two most outstanding compounds of the plant have been studied, and these cannabinoids include THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) and cannabidiol oil (CBD). THC is responsible for the ‘high’ effect, while CBD is the medicinal component. Other than the ‘high’ effects, THC is also important in relieving nausea, pain and reducing inflammation. On the other hand, CBD is essential for reducing anxiety, seizures, and paranoia and opposes the ‘high’ effects of HTC.
Marijuana should be taken into the body to be effective. There are various ways the compound is taken, which will affect the level of impact on the body. Mostly there are two ways: through the mouth and vapor.
- Edible marijuana: this is the most common way of taking cannabis compounds. It is taken either in drinks, cooking oil, candy, baked products such as (cookies, brownies, biscuits.)
- Inhaled marijuana is the fastest way to get the compound to the brain, and it can be smoked or vaped.
How DoesCBD Affect Cancer Symptoms?
- The research found that smoked cannabis relieves chemo patients from nausea and vomiting. Chemotherapy is a ruthless process to the victims, and CBD provides relief.
- Cancer cells are detrimental to the nervous system. Research, albeit limited, has shown a positive result for smoked marijuana. The compound relieves the neuropathic pain that is a result of damage and pain.
- Scientists have reported that CBD, and other cannabinoids, have the potential of slowing or killing the growth of cancerous cells. However, there is no conclusive finding yet.
- Clinical trials on humans have commenced, and further studies are ongoing, but preliminary research findings are promising. However, marijuana cannot be termed as a cure or control drug for cancer at the moment.
FIDA approves two main drugs in the treatment of cancer symptoms. They include:
- Dronabinol (Marinol): this gelatin pill is used in relieving chemotherapy patients from symptoms such as nausea and vomiting. Its main component is the HTC. Moreover, it is essential to combat weight loss and loss of appetite for AIDS patients.
- Nabiximols: this mouth spray medicine contains HTC and CBD. It is a pain medicine for cancer patients. In addition, it is provided to people with muscle spasms and multiple sclerosis. The drug is still under research to identify other conditions it might help.
What Are the Side Effects Of CBD-Related Drugs?
Cannabis sativa has been labeled a dangerous plant and harmful to users’ health, not to mention the associated stigma. However, scientifically approved drugs from this plant are safe for use. Like other pharmaceutical drugs, CBD-related drugs can have complications or sideeffects on users. Some of the identified side effects include decreased BP, dizziness, increased heart rate, and fainting.
Severe cases have shown people’s symptoms worsening. These include depression, hallucinations to some patients using nabilone, and other cases of mental illnesses. Furthermore, using CBD drugs when under the influence of some drugs amplifies their effects. These drugs include sedatives and other sleeping pills. People under the influence of alcohol might find the effects more pronounced when they take CBD-derived drugs. The side effects are more amplified in older people than young ones. Even on lower doses, they get side effects. Always consult your doctor before and during the medication period. Always report any changes for the doctor to advise accordingly.
Harmful Effects of Abusing Cannabis
Besides the medicinal CBD drugs, the cannabis sativa plant is misused for pleasure purposes in many cultures. This has proven to be detrimental to users. The euphoria “high” feeling is temporary, but the health effects are diverse. This popular feeling is responsible for misconduct among youth, disorientation, poor judgment, anxiety, and paranoia. Other than HTC and CBD, marijuana contains other compounds that are harmful to health, which means the product might be doing more harm than good. When smoking, the effects of the product are not felt by the users only but passed to the passers-by. Marijuana has different strains due to methods one gets into contact with it, the longevity of impact, and active compounds. Severe cases make one dependent on the drug hence instilling an unhealthy behavior.
The Bottom Line
CBD oil is an essential remedy for various health conditions. However, like other medications, the doctor’s advice is necessary to ensure you take it accordingly and proper follow-up is conducted. Overdose of the drugs is detrimental to the health. Even though scientists have had some success in clinical trials, CBD drugs remain understudied on improving their effectiveness and reducing the side effects.