Chocolate chip muffins with CBD are all you need on one of those gloomy days. Exploring the simple chocolate chip muffin with CBD recipe shared here lightens your spirit and gives you the drive to continue when you are down and up to nothing.
Exploring the simple recipe for chocolate chip muffins with CBD could be all you need to brighten up. Chocolate is many people’s primary dessert, and incorporating its chips into your muffins takes the flavor to another level. CBD is also becoming popular in the food industry and adding it to your muffins helps you enjoy its benefits. Are you having a bad day and want to lighten it with something crazy and creative? Follow this article closely for the equipment, ingredients, and procedures you need to prepare CBD chocolate chip muffins.
Why Should You Use this Recipe?
There are many chocolate chip muffins with CBD recipes, but why should you try this? One reason is that it incorporates good quality CBD oil. According to Watt & Karl (2017), CBD is therapeutic, and many want to tap into such therapy. If you want to reap the benefits of CBD oil, you need quality products and ingredients like what this recipe features. Besides, as simple as this recipe is, it takes care of health concerns. For instance, it is free of gluten, processed sugar, and allergens, which many people are sensitive to. In addition, it is low in calories, and the resulting muffins are great for people who are watching their calories.
What Is CBD, and Why Include It in the Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe?
CBD was discovered many years ago, but because it remained under the radar and was illegal for a long time, many did not know about it, or if they knew about it, they had not made it part of their recipes. It was until 2018 when the Farm Bill was passed to legalize CBD with less than 0.3% THC, that it became widely popular. What is CBD, and why would you include it in your chocolate chip muffin recipe?
According to Massi et al. (2006), CBD is a non-psychoactive chemical compound in hemp and cannabis plants. Such compounds are called cannabinoids, and more than 140 of them exist. CBD is one of them and remains popular since it can express the desired effects without causing one to feel ‘high.’ There is insufficient scientific evidence to prove that CBD has health benefits. Still, early studies are positive about the cannabinoid. For instance, Shannon et al. (2019) reported that CBD is good for anxiety, sleep, and pain. Besides, García-Gutiérrez et al. (2020) stated that CBD might help with stress, anxiety, and depression. Many look up to these benefits, and like them, you may want to incorporate them into your recipes. Here are the equipment, ingredients, and steps to prepare CBD chocolate chip muffins.
Our Chocolate Chip Muffin with CBD Recipe Is Easy to Follow
Many would like to explore CBD recipes but fear the labor that comes with them. Thankfully, this recipe is simple and helps you prepare chocolate chip muffins with CBD the easy way. Besides, it does not need much cooking time, so you can rest assured of enjoying the muffins without laboring too much.
Tools & Equipment
You need the following tools and equipment to prepare your chocolate chip muffins with CBD;
- An oven
- Lining sheets
The chocolate chip muffins with CBD recipe is not complete until you have all these ingredients with you;
- 2 cups of gluten-free oat flour (alternatively, you can pulse gluten-free oats in a food processor to fineness and dissolution to make gluten-free oat flour)
- ½ cup of allergen-friendly mini chocolate chips ideal for hypersensitive people
- 3 drops of CBD oil or tincture of 25 mg/ml CBD potency (75 mg CBD)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup of coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup of unsweetened plant-based milk is ideal for dairy-sensitive individuals
Do you have the ingredients above ready? You can follow the steps below to make the chocolate chip muffins with CBD oil;
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Using two pieces of muffin liner or foils, line the baking sheet
- Mix the dry ingredients (oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, sea salt, and chocolate chips) and whisk them consistently until smooth. You can use an electric mixer to make your work easy.
- Use a separate bowl to mix all the wet ingredients such as plant milk, eggs, applesauce, CBD, and MCT oils and whisk to evenness
- Slowly and carefully empty the wet ingredients into the dry ones
- Divide the mixture equally and empty it into the cups of muffins to ¾ fullness
- Bake the muffins for 10 minutes
- Reduce the heat from 450 degrees to 400 degrees
- Poke the muffins with a toothpick to find out if they have fully cooked
- If they have cooked, remove them from the heat
- Allow them to cool for 10 minutes
- Serve immediately
How Many CBD Chocolate Chip Muffins Should You Eat?
The CBD industry is largely unregulated, and no specific dosage guide seems to exist. Still, how much CBD you can take depends on how long you have been exposed to the cannabinoid, how fast your body can process it (metabolism), and how potent the CBD oil is, among many factors. You can take one muffin a day, each having 25 mg CBD. As you get used to them, you can determine if you need more.
Chocolate chip muffins with CBD are easy to prepare. As indicated in this blog, you only need CBD oil, plant milk, and other ingredients. The muffins need a few minutes of cooking (10- 15 minutes), so rest assured to enjoy them shortly. Follow this recipe to know how to prepare CBD chocolate muffins.
García-Gutiérrez, M. S., Navarrete, F., Gasparyan, A., Austrich-Olivares, A., Sala, F., & Manzanares, J. (2020). Cannabidiol: a potential new alternative for the treatment of anxiety, depression, and psychotic disorders. Biomolecules, 10(11), 1575.
Massi, P., Vaccani, A., Bianchessi, S., Costa, B., Macchi, P., & Parolaro, D. (2006). The non-psychoactive cannabidiol triggers caspase activation and oxidative stress in human glioma cells. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences CMLS, 63(17), 2057-2066.
Shannon, S., Lewis, N., Lee, H., & Hughes, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. The Permanente journal, 23, 18–041.
Watt, G., & Karl, T. (2017). In vivo evidence for therapeutic properties of cannabidiol (CBD) for Alzheimer’s disease. Frontiers in pharmacology, 8, 20.