Many CBD brands deal in capsules, vape cartridges, edibles, pet items, and other products. Because of the increasing number of brands, choosing the best company isn’t the easiest job. Dope CBD brand is one of the best CBD brands that deals in broad- and spectrum CBD products, offering a range of items for clients yearning to have a variety of cannabinoids in one sitting or THC-free products. Its products include gummies, topicals, vape cartridges, and capsules, available in broad- and full-spectrum formulations.
About the Company
Dope CBD is a reputable CBD brand started in 2007 as part of an existing couture clothing brand to offer it support. Although it has been active for more than a decade, it became fully standalone in June 2021, as stated on its website. The company aims to tap on modern revolutionary knowledge to bring clients high-quality broad- and full-spectrum CBD items. It strives to incorporate modern counter-culture influences to market its ethically-sourced CBD items. Besides, it employs safe CO2 extraction to obtain CBD from hemp fiber in its GMP-compliant facilities.
Rob Rough is the company’s owner. When he was still a freshman in college, Rough was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer that affected his bone, and he was informed that he only had a 30% chance of surviving the malady. Consequently, he got interested in CBD and how it could help him manage his condition, leading to the birthing of Dope CBD that started as a support for an already existing couture clothing brand. Since then, it has been giving CBD consumers a revolutionary experience through its multiple taste-guaranteed broad- and full-spectrum CBD items, including gummies, topicals, liquids, vape cartridges, and capsules. The potency of the products ranges between 9 mg and 600 mg CBD.
The following specs identify the Dope CBD brand;
- Third-party testing carried independently on every product
- Safe CO2 extraction technique used to get the extract off the plant fiber
- MCT oil formulation to boost CBD bioavailability once it is in the system
- Free shipping arrangement for sales above $50
- Potency varies between 9 mg and 600 mg CBD
- Consumption methods include vape cartridges, capsules, and topical products
- The average price point for products is between $0.04 and $0.35 per mg CBD, with most items lying at $0.08 per mg
- The products, especially the edibles, guarantee taste
- CBD products cost between $12.50 and $60 to allow clients of different economic classes to find something within their budget
- A comprehensive website detailing athletes’ testimonials, suggested product uses, dosage information, and third-party testing results
Dope CBD is among the certified legal hemp growers and CBD producers that sources its hemp from all over the USA and uses it to manufacture broad- and full-spectrum CBD items. The brand processes its hemp in a GMP-compliant facility where it applies the CO2 extraction method to get CBD extract from the hemp fibers. This method is considered safe and partly explains why Dope CBD products are popular in the CBD space. Some of the items are MCT oil-formulated to enhance their bioavailability once they are in the system.
After MCT formulation for the specific products, the next step in the manufacturing cycle is third-party testing conducted by modern technological facilities to ensure that the labeled CBD potencies match what the products have. Sadly, three out of the four products we tested had more CBD than indicated; in fact, higher than the 10% acceptable variance limit. Third-party testing also tests the products for contaminants, and we established that they were free of solvents, heavy metals, microbials, animal residues, and pesticides. All the test results are continuously posted on every product page on the brand’s official website for ease of reference. Dope CBD is one of the cheapest brands because its average price point is $0.08 per mg CBD, although the general range is $0.04 to $0.35.
Customer & Buying Experiences
We visited the Dope CBD website and realized that it was easily navigable. Besides, it was comprehensive enough and detailed every piece of information about athletes’ testimonials for every product, third-party test results, products’ uses as suggested by the company, and dosage information. Every product page we clicked readily had third-party lab test results, except one item on our order list. We also noticed an FAQ session that addressed important questions people commonly ask about CBD and the company. Moreover, the webpage clearly explained its product return policy, including conditions that warrant product return and what disqualifies this provision.
Transparency, Accuracy, and Reputation
Our review established that Dope CBD had mixed scores for transparency, accuracy, and reputation. While it is true that it conducted thorough third-party tests for its products, the results were highly inaccurate. In fact, three of the four items whose potencies we confirmed were above the 10% acceptable variance limit, meaning that they contained more CBD than was indicated on the product labels. Nonetheless, we appreciate that all the products were free of solvents, pesticides, microbials, heavy metals, and other contaminants. We also noticed that not every product had third-party lab test results since one of the ordered items did not have its results throughout the review session.
Range of Products
Dope CBD deals in a range of broad- and full-spectrum CBD products, and here is our review of the available item categories;
Dope CBD Edible Gummies
Dope CBD edible gummies are the best for any CBD consumer looking for a fast-acting CBD experience. These gummies are tasty and flavorful, and all the ingredients used to make them and enhance flavor are natural. Besides, they are made from 100% organic and natural hemp, and safe CO2 extraction techniques are employed to strip CBD from the hemp fiber. There are two types of gummies, all of which have a lemon taste and 20 mg CBD potency per unit. However, the packaging and price differ. One has 80 mg and 600 mg of CBD content and costs $3.49 and $24.99, respectively.
Dope CBD Capsules
Dope CBD offers capsules as part of its product lines. They are extracted using the safe CO2 extraction method, and they have been formulated using MCT oil for greater bioavailability once the CBD gets into the system. The capsules are to be taken orally and not through any other method, and each serving constitutes one capsule. The capsule package has 200 mg CBD and contains 8 capsules, each being 25 mg potent. The average price point for the capsules is $0.04 per mg CBD, and the pouch costs $7.99.
Dope CBD Vape Cartridges
Anyone yearning for THC-free CBD products will definitely appreciate the Dope full-spectrum CBD vape cartridges that are safety-guaranteed and free of vegetable and propylene glycol, as well as vitamin E acetate and nicotine. They are to be used strictly as inhalants and have the supercritically CO2 extracted and triple distilled MCT oil-formulated CBD. This is where variety counts since the cartridges feature multiple categories, including Pineapple Express, Blue Dream, Sour Diesel, OG Kush, and unflavored, but all have the same potency of 400 mg CBD per ml. Besides, the average price point varies from $0.04 to $0.1, with the cheapest and the most expensive cartridge costing $9.99 and $29.99, respectively.
Dope CBD Topicals
Another product category for the Dope CBD brand is the broad-spectrum CBD topicals ideal for consumers who want the cumulative effect of different cannabinoids in a single application. For optimal benefit, they contain CO2 extracted CBD and are enhanced with vitamin E and essential oils, including olive and tea tree oils. Besides, the formulas feature MCT oil for enhanced bioavailability. The topicals include roll-ons, lip balms, lotions, and creams whose potencies range between 1.67 and 5 mg/ml and cost $2.49 to $14.99 (average price point varies between $0.07 and $0.08 per mg CBD). You can expect to get 20 to 200 mg as the overall CBD amounts in the topical products.
What We Like About the Company
During our review of the Dope CBD brand, we found the following especially likable;
- Free shipping arrangement that the company offers for products worth $50 and above
- The easily navigable website with comprehensive information about third-party testing results, dosage information, product uses, and athletes’ testimonials
- Independent third-party testing to ascertain the safety of the products
- The use of the safe method, i.e., CO2, to extract CBD from the plant fiber
- A variety of products is available, including gummies, vape cartridges, topicals, and capsules
- Broad- and full-spectrum CBD products are available for clients who want to enjoy a range of cannabinoids or THC-free products
- The use of US-sourced non-GMO, natural, and pest-free hemp
- The brand’s manufacturing facilities are GMP-compliant, assuring consumers of up-to-standard safety practices
- The company guarantees taste through its edible products
- Dope CBD sells its products at relatively low prices, with a price point of $0.08 per mg CBD
- Discount arrangements for clients who subscribed to the company’s plans
What We Do Not Like About the Company
Still, not everything was likable about the Dope CBD brand, including;
- Inaccurate third-party test results since all the sampled products had more than the 10% acceptable variance, testing poor
- Not all products had third-party testing lab results
- The company did not have a centralized hub detailing all third-party test results
- The $50+ rate for the discount was a bit high, especially for clients with sub-optimal financial conditions that still longed to benefit from the products
- There were no special discounts for the military veteran or sub-optimal clients
Our Overall Verdict
Our review of the Dope CBD brand was in-depth and included visiting the company’s website, communicating with the customer service team, and ordering & testing items. We found that the brand offers a range of full- and broad-spectrum CBD items, including vape cartridges, capsules, topicals, gummies, and liquids. The company does thorough third-party testing for its products, only that we could not find the result for every product we ordered. The tested products were free of contaminants, such as solvents, microbials, heavy metals, animal residues, and heavy metals, but their potencies were more than the 10% acceptable variance limits for most products. Our website-visiting experience was satisfactory because the page was easily navigable and had comprehensive product information, including dosage details, athletes’ testimonials, and suggested uses. Although there are no special discounts for the military community, subscription plans guarantee discounts, and there is a free shipping arrangement for orders worth $50 and above. We will readily recommend Dope CBD as one of the best CBD brands with all this in mind.