Ever thought of preparing a homemade version of this sweet Australian dessert? ‘Easy’, right from its name, is a simple dessert that you can prepare from the comfort of your home as long as you get the required ingredients.
Easy Pavlova with CBD is simply Pavlova made using CBD as an additive. CBD (cannabidiol), is a compound naturally occurring in the cannabis sativa plant. It has its sister compound, THC, the two major compounds found in the cannabis plant. Most people prefer CBD because of its euphoric effects, unlike THC, which has psychoactive effects.
What is Pavlova?
Pavlova is a popular dessert in New Zealand and Australia. Pavlova is made from egg whites slowly baked in a relatively cool oven. The egg whites are slowly baked in a moderately cool oven. The egg whites take on a chewy crisp touch around the edges. Making it have three textures in one meal. Crunchy edges resemble meringues cookies. Pavlova is delicious when topped with assorted toppings from freshly whipped cream and piles of fresh fruit. Naturally gluten-free, Pavlova is sweet, light, and screams warm-weather favorite.
- Egg whites
- Vanilla extract
- Acid such as cream of tartar or vinegar.
The purpose of each
It is beaten in stiff peaks; egg whites are the base and volume of Pavlova.
It’s used to sweeten the dessert; Sugar is used to stabilize the egg whites by holding them together in the oven and cooling the whole Pavlova. Without sugar, the protein molecules found in the egg white will collapse. Additionally, sugar aids in forming a crisp texture. Embrace superfine sugar or rather castor sugar.
½ a teaspoon of cream of tartar or a teaspoon of white apple cider vinegar, or even lemon juice. The Pavlova won’t have a vinegar taste. Acid is good in the egg white because it helps the white egg hold onto the air, and just like sugar, it prevents the egg white from collapsing.
It helps the Pavlova to be fluffy and marshmallow-like at the center. Stick to one teaspoon full because if you add, the Pavlova will be chalky when tasted.
It’s used just for flavor
It is beneficial for health purposes.
- 6 egg whites
- 390g castor sugar / superfine sugar
- 1 tsp. of cornstarch /corn flour heaped
- 1 tsp. of vanilla essence
- 60 ml of CBD isolate
- 400g of thickened cream
- 75g of castor sugar1 tsp. of vanilla essence
- Optional toppings
- 1 punned strawberry
- 1 sliced kiwi fruit
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 passion fruit pulp extracted
- 1 tbsp. of icing sugar / powdered sugar used to sprinkle on top
- Begin by preheating the oven to 150 degrees Celsius and a line you will use with baking paper
- ⮚ 2 pop your egg whites into the mixing bowl and attach the whisk to the stand mixer. Begin by whipping them at a speed of 2 and move through to speed 4 after some minutes
- When the egg whites turn bubbly with soft peaks, raise the speed to 6 and then add castor sugar, corn starch, and the CBD oil, then increase the to 8 for about 10 minutes till you’ve got yourself a luxuriously smooth, glossy meringue mixture.
- Now reduce the speed to 4 and add vinegar and vanilla essence. You may require scraping down the meringue from the sides of the bowl using a spatula to ensure there is uniform mixing. For about a minute, let it mix, and then switch off the mixture.
- Scoop out glossy meringue mixture into a lined baking tray and form a flat circle shape. Smooth it out or use creative decorative twists, patterns, or twirls. Pop the mixture into the oven and allow it to bake for an hour and a half till the meringues set into a crispy, crispy outside with a soft and golden glow. Ensure that the outside is firm and dry and cracks have begun to appear on the top. Switch off the oven with the door slightly open.
- As the Pavlova is cooling, put the cream into a cleaned mixing bowl and pop it in the freezer for about 10-15 mins. As the Pavlova is cooling, place the bowl back on the stand mixer, whip the cream at a speed of 6-8, add in the caster sugar and vanilla essence, and then continue whipping the cream till it thickens and holds a good shape.
It’s time to top the Pavlova with whipped cream and sliced fruits and sprinkle it with icing sugar.
Be patient – give the egg whites and sugar plenty of time to combine fully. If you don’t, it may lead to a gritty texture and may lead to cracking and falling of the Pavlova.
Vinegar – ensure that you use white vinegar. However, you have a choice to substitute it with apple cider vinegar, cream of tartar, or even lemon juice.
Use eggs at room temperature since cold eggs may cause the meringue mixture to become excessive runny Chicken eggs are the ones that are mostly used.
Benefits of CBD
Dealing with Acne
Acne is a very common skin condition in most people. According to Trivedi et al. (2006), acne is caused when the skin’s sebaceous glands produce sebum in excess, which is a waxy, oily secretion. Sebum is not all that bad. It helps protect the skin. Excess of the sebum is the one that causes acne. CBD inhibits melanocytes from producing too much sebum, which will lead to acne. Besides, that CBF has antifungal properties to the cannabis plant. Therefore, this will prevent acne caused by infections on the skin. The claims are according to Ordain et al. (2019).
Itching and Dryness
According to Atalay et al. (2021), CBD helps cure common skin conditions such as dry skin and itchy skin. CBD is endowed with anti-inflammatory properties that are very helpful in minimizing the potential triggers of dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema. Massage oils that have CBD can soften the skin a d reduce the look of irritation on it. It is good for people who have sensitive skin.
Aging and Wrinkles
The anti-oxidation effect of CBD takes part in the process of aging. Therefore, as an antioxidant, Dawidowicz et al. (2021) commented that CBD may be good in preventing the appearance of aging skin.
Follow this simple recipe and have tasty Pavlova on your table. Ensure that you take note of the cooking tips to avoid making a blander as you are cooking since the Pavlova may not appear as expected. CBD-infused foods are very nutritious and benefit your body’s health. Get quality CBD oil from transparent and renowned manufacturers to avoid buying counterfeit CBD oil that won’t offer you the expected results.
Atalay, S., Gęgotek, A., Wroński, A., Domigues, P., & Skrzydlewska, E. (2021). Therapeutic Application Of Cannabidiol On UVA And UVB Irradiated Rat Skin. A Proteomic Study. Journal Of Pharmaceutical And Biomedical Analysis, 192, 113656.
Dawidowicz, A. L., Olszowy-Tomczyk, M., & Typek, R. (2021). CBG, CBD, Δ9-THC, CBN, CBGA, CBDA, And Δ9-THCA As Antioxidant Agents And Their Intervention Abilities In Antioxidant Action. Fitoterapia, 152, 104915.
Orrapin, S., Intorasoot, A., Roytrakul, S., Dechsupa, N., Kantapan, J., Onphat, Y., … & Intorasoot, S. (2019). A Novel Recombinant Java Icon With Dual Antifungal And Anti-Proliferative Activities. Scientific Reports, 9(1), 1-11.
Trivedi, N. R., Cong, Z., Nelson, A. M., Albert, A. J., Rosamilia, L. L., Sivarajah, S., … & Thiboutot, D. M. (2006). Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptors Increase Human Sebum Production. Journal Of Investigative Dermatology, 126(9), 2002-2009