Incorporating CBD into your homemade golden rum cake helps you grab the claimed health benefits of the cannabinoid without feeling its earthy and bitter taste. Like many CBD recipes, the golden rum cake with CBD recipe is simple, as shown in this article.
Nothing brings people together like eating the golden rum cake. Many people go for meet-and-greet sessions or get together; the golden rum cake forms a critical part of the eateries. Did you know that you can add CBD to the golden rum cake recipe and benefit from the cannabinoid without feeling its earthy and bitter taste? Many have done so and attest that it is one of the best creations you can explore during your lazy time. This blog shows that the golden rum cake with CBD recipe is simple, and one needs no special skills to understand it.
Why Is the Golden Rum Cake Special?
Rum recipes are among the best; snacks that feature rum are too warm to ignore. Grabbing a bar of rum chocolate could be all you need to get yourself in an ecstatic mood if you have winter blues. How about golden rum cakes? Besides the rum, it also features walnuts with many health benefits. For instance, Fatima et al. (2018) stated that walnuts are among the healthiest superfoods with high nutritional value. Besides, the study noted that they have high antioxidant scores, and taking them loads the antioxidants to the body. The golden rum cake with CBD recipe ensures that you eat the walnuts whole, exploring their full benefits.
What Is CBD, and Why Should You Add it to the Golden Rum Cake Recipe?
CBD has become the subject of discussion, and many are already taking it as part of their daily regimen. It is widely available in tinctures, oils, topicals, edibles, and gummies in most gas stations and CBD dispensaries. Even so, not everyone understands it.
According to Massi et al. (2006) and Bauer et al. (2020), CBD is a non-psychoactive chemical compound in hemp and other cannabis plants. Cannabis plants boast having many cannabinoids, amounting to more than 140, and CBD is just one. Of the 140+ cannabinoids, CBD stands out for its non-psychoactive properties, and it can express the desired effects without making one’ high.’Watt & Karl (2017) stated that CBD is therapeutic, and exploring it loads such therapy to the body. CBD golden rum cakes will help you tap on the claimed therapeutic value of CBD.
Enjoy CBD without Feeling Its Bitterness and Earthiness
While many want to explore CBD for its claimed benefits, they cannot withstand its taste. Thankfully, there are many alternatives you could go for to mask the bitter taste of CBD. CBD edibles like gummies and honey sticks are great examples. Besides, you can opt for CBD desserts like cakes, brownies, and cookies, which assure CBD benefits, taste, and flavor in one package. Here are the ingredients and steps to preparing CBD golden rum cake at home.
Are you ready to explore the CBD golden rum cake recipe? You need the following ingredients;
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup of water, divided into ½ and ¼ cups
- 1 package (18.45 ounces) of yellow cake mix
- I cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ½ cup of butter
- 2 drops of CBD oil
- ½ a cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of rum divided into two equal portions
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) of instant vanilla pudding mix
With the ingredients above ready and divided as directed, proceed as follows to make CBD golden rum cake;
- Preheat the pan to 325 degrees
- Grease and add flour to the Bundt pan
- Evenly spread the chopped walnuts on the Bundt pan
- In one bowl, mix the instant pudding mix and cake mix
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, then 2 drops of CBD oil, cooking oil, ½ a cup of water, and ½ cup of rum, and mix them to form a good blend
- Pour the batter over the chopped walnuts in the Bundt pan
- Put the mixture on the pan into the oven and bake for 1 hour
- Use a toothpick or a knife to poke the golden rum cake to see
- As the cake bakes, mix the remaining ¼ cup of water, sugar, and butter in a separate saucepan
- Bring them to boil over medium heat, and stir continuously until the mixture thickens
- Remove the heat, add the remaining ½ a cup of rum and stir continuously until the rum lightens
- Let the cake rest in the pan with rum for glazing to happen for 10 minutes
- Invert the cake over a serving plate and apply glaze on the top, bottom, and sides
- Repeat the process until all the glazed is fully used up
Decorating and Glazing the Golden Rum Cake
The golden rum with CBD is not complete without a glaze. It adds beauty to the cake and gives it an extra taste. Thankfully, you don’t have to fret glazing your cake. The procedure above has detailed how you can go about the glazing bit. The rum in the cake contributes to the taste and helps form the ready-to-eat cake’s glaze. White sugar and butter also add to the glaze. Alternatively, you can buy readymade glaze from the market and use them on the cake. The procedure above uses CBD oil drops to make the CBD golden rum cake. Alternatively, you can use CBD butter instead of plain butter, but the former ensures the whole cake has CBD.
Although CBD oil does not contribute to the taste of the golden rum cake, it makes an important ingredient. Early studies claim that CBD is therapeutic, and many tap on it for such therapy. Adding CBD to the golden rum cake helps you benefit from CBD without feeling its bitter taste. The recipe shared in this article helps you know all it takes to prepare the cake.
Bauer, B. A. (2020). What Are The Benefits Of CBD–And Is It Safe To Use?. In Mayo Clinic.
Fatima, T., Showkat, U., & Hussain, S. Z. (2018). Nutritional and health benefits of walnuts. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 7(2), 1269.
Massi, P., Vaccani, A., Bianchessi, S., Costa, B., Macchi, P., & Parolaro, D. (2006). The non-psychoactive cannabidiol triggers caspase activation and oxidative stress in human glioma cells. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences CMLS, 63(17), 2057-2066.
Watt, G., & Karl, T. (2017). In vivo evidence for therapeutic properties of cannabidiol (CBD) for Alzheimer’s disease. Frontiers in pharmacology, 8, 20.
- What You Need to Be a Good Lover - March 24, 2023
- TOWIE’s Kirk Has Slept With 1,000 Women - March 24, 2023
- The Slut Drop - March 24, 2023