Natural energy drinks help improve your performance or boost your energy. Some of them have healthy ingredients that may benefit you.
Are there any benefits that you might get from energy drinks?
What Are Natural Energy Drinks?
Most manufacturers of energy drinks incorporate caffeine, added sugar, and other artificial ingredients. However, since some users might be sensitive to the 400mg daily caffeine intake, which is safe for most people, some manufacturers have opted to take a healthier and more natural route. They incorporate energizing vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and other natural ingredients.
A natural energy drink comprises more natural ingredients, from antioxidants, energizing vitamins, and minerals, which help boost the user’s energy and performance. Such drinks also contain fruits and plants, and the caffeine content is usually naturally occurring.
Moreover, every manufacturer has instructions on how or when you should consume their energy drinks.
Why Take Natural Energy Drinks?
Some reasons might drive you into the intake of natural energy drinks. Such include;
- The need to stay more alert, especially in the morning.
- The need to improve concentration level.
- If you want to improve your physical performance.
- As a form of recovery after a strenuous exercise.
- When in need of additional supplements.
The Benefits of Natural Energy Drinks
The following are some of the benefits you might get from consuming natural energy drinks;
- They may help improve your level of concentration and alertness, thanks to the caffeine content.
- The caffeine in these natural energy drinks may help improve your memory or even elevate your mood.
- Energy drinks might be beneficial in enhancing your physical performance. However, there is contradicting evidence to the same. Some say it improves the performance of these individuals, while others are for the idea that there is no difference between one who consumes an energy drink before an exercise performance and one who doesn’t.
How to Choose Natural Energy Drinks
- Energizing vitamins:You can confirm if the energy drink contains vitamin B since these are essential in converting food into energy. Your body needs them to help break down and utilize the energy it obtains from your food. However, you don’t need to have them in plenty.
- Added sugar:Ideally, you should be on the lookout for a natural energy drink. However, anything less than a 10g/8-ounce serving is okay.
- Caffeine:In a day, you should take a maximum of 400mg caffeine. If your energy drink contains caffeine, you can check the amount.
- Health-boosting adaptogens:Some energy drinks incorporate minerals, adaptogens, and antioxidants to help boost your health. However, there are cases when the drinks contain low levels of these and are underdosed such that you won’t benefit much from them.
Examples of Natural Energy Drinks
If you want natural energy drinks with no added sugar, no artificial ingredients like sweeteners or color, and an amount of caffeine below 200mg in every serving, you can try any of the following 3 drinks;
MatchaBar Hustle Matcha Energy
Matcha contains powerful antioxidants, and if you drink it regularly, it may help protect you from developing cellular damage and even reduce your chances of developing chronic diseases.
The MatchaBar Hustle Matcha Energy contains high-quality matcha, which also has a delicate taste. The natural flavors it contains include monk fruit. Other flavors are from lime,lemon, and spearmint extracts, each containing 5 calories but no added sugar. Moreover, there is also the elderberry flavor with 40 calories and low amounts of added sugar.
Vital Proteins Collagen Energy Shots
The amount of caffeine in this energy drink is concentrated, and it is extracted from the coffee fruit. It also contains vitamin B, collagen peptides, and alpha-GPC, among others. Another amazing thing about this product is the low-calorie amounts in it.
Moreover, the natural flavors in it are from lemon juice and grapefruit. From an 89ml of this energy drink, you will get 40 calories, 90mg caffeine, and 7 proteins.
Toro Matcha Sparkling Ginger
This natural energy drink contains organic lemon and ginger juice flavors. Moreover, it also has organic Japanese matcha. Each can of it provides you with 60mg of caffeine for that shot of energy. Moreover, if you have sensitivity to highly caffeinated beverages, this is a good choice.
A 355ml bottle of this energy drink, 12-ounce, contains 10 calories and 60mg caffeine.
The Side Effects
Regarding natural energy drinks, there is no research conducted that specifically relates to their side effects. However, since they usually contain high amounts of caffeine, users might experience problems with their hearts. Other side effects may include;
- Digestive problems
- Sleep problems
Other than these potential side effects, too much consumption of energy drinks, in general, might increase your chances of experiencing dental erosion.
Natural energy drinks can give you that extra boost in performance and enhance your concentration and alertness. Moreover, there are things you can look out for when out on the shelves buying these drinks. Furthermore, you can purchase any of the three listed natural energy drinks. The good thing is, they contain beneficial natural ingredients.