Sleep is an essential part of human life, as life with poor sleep results in poor health for an individual. This article explains how one can achieve a deep and satisfying sleep when it appears impossible. Still, each person should find a way to have enough sleep.
As many people are experiencing difficulties getting enough sleep, the good news is that every individual can get that deep sleep. There are different ways one can get enough sleep, as will be discussed in this article. Moreover, deep sleep has many benefits, and the report will try to understand such benefits well, giving out the risks associated with insufficient sleep. Taking cannabidiol for rest has added advantages as it helps enhance deep sleep. Therefore, this article will explain the role of cannabidiol in sleep, the types of cannabidiol, and other benefits one can get from cannabidiol besides helping with deep sleep. As cannabidiol is increasingly shooting, and many are getting to know its importance in medical fields, this article will help one see deep sleep’s importance.
It is one of the compounds extracted from cannabis sativa or hemp plants. There are more than one hundred compounds in the cannabis sativa plant, but cannabidiol remains the most compound because of its therapeutic benefits and recreational applications. Unlike THC, cannabidiol can be smoked without producing psychoactive effects or resulting in addiction and over-dependence. Also, THC, a compound of cannabis sativa, brings obsession and over-dependence. Consequently, its consumption is associated with a ‘high’ effect which can alter one behavior and judgment. Still, using both compounds requires one to consult a doctor to avoid serious health issues that might arise.
CDB WITH SLEEP
According to Shannon et al. (2019), cannabidiol can help one have deep and enough sleep, which is very important in each individual’s life. Each individual’s body has an endocannabinoid system that helps maintain an individual’s internal environment. If any factor affects the body’s state, the endocannabinoid system is triggered to stimulate its receptors to release compounds that help with homeostasis. Dutil et al. (2017)explained that different factors that can negatively affect sleep are not limited to anxiety, stress, chronic conditions, and poor appetite. Cannabidiol helps to reduce the effect caused by the above requirements, thereby helping sleep.
OTHER WAYS OF GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP
Apart from using cannabidiol to get deep sleep, there are other methods one can use to get deep sleep. Besides helping with sleep, the process discussed is also vital in ensuring an individual’s good health. The following are ways one can consider when in need of deep and enough sleep:
- Do not consume stimulants for just a few hours to sleep. A little inspiration can enhance focus and concentration, but taking it 6 to 8 hours before one sleeps can cause sleep deprivation; hence one should not take coffee, tea, or something of the sought before going to bed.
- One should avoid irregular day snaps. These sleep that one may constantly or irregularly have at day times. Snaps awake at night, interfering with the average time one should sleep and wake up.
- Keep away from blue and much light at night. Such lights make one feel that it is still daytime, depriving one of sleep. Places that can make one think such feelings are cinemas or film rooms and streets. Therefore, avoiding such areas at night is recommended for deep and enough sleep.
- Be strict and consistent with times of sleeping and waking time. Consistent sleep and waking time help one to have a quality sleep in the long run. Individuals with inconsistent sleeping and waking times have a poor sleep in the long run.
- Have a good sleeping environment. It involves having a good pillow case and comfortable bed, helping one to get enough sleep.
- Do not eat late in the evening. Eating late in the evening causes poor performance in hormones and body systems, affecting sleep.
BENEFITS OF ENOUGH SLEEP
The following are some benefits one can enjoy by maintaining deep and enough sleep:
- Enhance hormonal performance in the body
- It helps one to have good health
- Prevent attack by diseases like diabetes, stroke, and high blood pressure
- Enhance different processes like digestion, circulatory, and respiration in the body.
RISKS OF INSUFFICIENT SLEEP
One may experience multiple health problems when quality sleep is not achieved. The following are the risks of poor or insufficient sleep to an individual:
- According to Chauhan et al. (2016), insufficient sleep increases the chances of heart attacks
- One may have stress and mental conditions
- Cases of diabetes and high blood pressure may be high
- According to Chattu et al. (2018), lack of enough sleep leads to poor performance of hormones and body organs
- It leads to poor organ systems like digestion
TYPES OF CBD
There are different types of cannabidiol depending on the constituent and level of THC used. There are three types of cannabidiol that include the following:
- Full-Spectrum CBD- This type of cannabidiol contains most types of cannabis compounds, including THC of at least 0.3 %. It is suitable for regular cannabidiol consumers who must be used to the weird taste and earthy smell; this type has more cannabis compounds.
- Broad-spectrum cannabidiol- It contains most cannabis compounds except THC. Therefore, broad-spectrum does not cause a high effect but provides many health benefits to an individual. Such benefits include treating cancer, reducing anxiety, reducing stress, and boosting appetite.
- CBD isolate- Cannabidiol isolate is the purest type of cannabidiol with no cannabis compounds except CBD. As a result, it is suitable for individuals consuming cannabidiol or its products for the first time. However, it has limited benefits that make it unsuitable for those who want to treat several diseases. CBD isolate is free from the earthy smell and weird taste other types might have.
Every individual can get deep sleep for good health and proper body performance. However, it isn’t easy at some points for one to achieve deep sleep. This article has provided some ways one can explore to maximize the sleeping hours each individual requires, including cannabidiol as one of the ways commonly used. One should consider the doctor’s recommendation on using cannabidiol to have a deep sleep as more is yet to be known on its role concerning deep sleep. There are benefits one can enjoy by having enough sleep; hence one should avoid factors mentioned above that might hinder sleep and expose one to some risks. Knowing the types of cannabidiol enables one to choose the correct type that meets the demand and satisfaction.
Chattu, V. K., Sakhamuri, S. M., Kumar, R., Spence, D. W., BaHammam, A. S., & Pandi-Perumal, S. R. (2018). Insufficient Sleep Syndrome: Is it time to classify it as a significant noncommunicable disease? Sleep Science, 11(2), 56.
Chauhan, P., & Preetam, M. (2016). Brain waves and sleep science. Int J Engg Sci Adv Research, 2(1), 33-36.
Dutil, C., & Chaput, J. P. (2017). Inadequate sleep as a contributor to type 2 diabetes in children and adolescents. Nutrition & Diabetes, 7(5), e266-e266.
Shannon, S., Lewis, N., Lee, H., & Hughes, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in anxiety and sleep: a large case series. The Permanente Journal, 23.