Although Kiara Naturals, a Swiss CBD brand, was launched in 2005, it was not until 2019 that it started selling its products. Within the 2 years of operation, the brand has strived to celebrate itself a good name and a market reputation by selling products affordably, guaranteeing dissatisfied clients full refunds through the 60-day money-back guarantee, and offering free DHL shipping for all orders without a minimum threshold, and using organic, naturally grown local Swiss hemp for manufacturing its CBD products. However, it only has a limited CBD inventory with vape cartridges, capsules, tinctures, and topicals, most of which come in full-spectrum formulations and one broad-spectrum CBD formulation for the non-THC experience. Do Kiara Naturals products deserve your pence? Find out the answer by reading our full 2022 review for this brand.
About the Company
Kiara Naturals has a history that dates back to 2005 when it was launched in Appenzellerland, Switzerland. It was co-founded by Boaz Lehman and Oren Landa, who keep working together to improve the brand. In years leading to 2005, Boaz had been traveling the world and appreciating the ethnobotanical properties of plants that promote life, and once he completed his training, he set forth for the brand. Oren is a movement therapist, a naturopath, and the CEO of Kiara Naturals. The brand states on the website that passion and plants have everything to do with life, which is why the brand dedicates itself to studying plants and formulating signature extracts that promote life. The main products in Kiara Naturals include vape cartridges, topicals, tinctures, and capsules, which mainly feature full-spectrum formulations with one line having broad-spectrum formulations. It uses a combination of three extraction methods; CO2, ultrasound, and distillation to strip CBD from the hemp surfaces. A person can reach the company’s customer care via WhatsApp messages or phone calls through the number provided on the website.
The following specs are true for Kiara Naturals;
- Local Swiss-sourced hemp
- Extraction methods include CO2, ultrasound, and distillation
- MCT oil formulation for increased bioavailability
- Products costs €49 to €129
- The average price point per mg CBD is €0.06
- Extract formulations include full-and broad-spectrum CBD
- Extract consumption methods include vape cartridges, capsules, tinctures, and topicals
- Worldwide shipping
- Manufacturing facilities are FDA-registered and cGMP-compliant
- Free shipping via DHL for all orders with no threshold
- A 60-day money-back guarantee
- Total CBD concentrations range from 20 mg to 3000 mg
Hemp quality is directly proportional to the end products, which ultimately determine whether a brand holds its customers and expands the loyal customer base or if it will let go of them. Consequently, reputable brands use high-quality hemp to produce premium products. Kiara Naturals uses the naturally-grown, organ, local Swiss hemp for manufacturing its CBD products. The hemp plants in these farms are not grown with fertilizers, pesticides, or chemicals that may end in the system, potentially harming consumers.
We loved our buying experience with the Kiara Naturals’ website. The page is simple and straightforward, and it does not give one a hard time surfing through. The Shop button on the far right of the page offers a dropdown menu with multiple shopping options based on effects, including sleep, anxiety, everyday, pain, skin, and recover. You can also shop by clicking the Everything button that allows you to see all the products in the brand’s inventory. The experience is intuitive, and once done, you check out to fill in billing details and your physical location address. Kiara Naturals offers free shipping via DHL to all destinations, and it has no minimum threshold. Moreover, a 60-day money-back guarantee applies, allowing dissatisfied clients to register complaints and get full refunds when the claims are justified.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not regulate or control the CBD industry as it does for drugs. Therefore, CBD brands must conduct 3rd party tests to confirm that products have the exact THC and CBD potencies as indicated on the labels and that they remain free of standard contaminants such as heavy metals, mycotoxins, microbials, residues, and heavy metals. Kiara Naturals partially meets these requirements by conducting potency tests and posting the results online. However, we could not find any purity test results online, and even when we reached out to the customer care desk, the results were not available.
To the best of our knowledge, we know that all Kiara Natural products passed THC tests and had no detectable THC (for broad-spectrum formulations) or had less than 0.3% total THC (for full-spectrum formulations). However, not every item passed CBD potency tests since they posed a variance range of 5% to 22%. The 1000 mg Blue Magic topical posed the highest variance (22%) after showing the total CBD concentration to be 780 mg instead of the 1000 mg indicated on the labels. Unfortunately, Kiara Naturals does not post purity test results online, and you cannot get them even after reaching out to the brand.
Kiara Naturals is a legal, authorized Swiss hemp grower. It sources its hemp from the local Appanzellerland farms in Switzerland, where organic farming is practiced, and no chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, or solvents are used for safety purposes. When the hemp plants mature and are harvested, they are moved to the FDA-registered and cGMP-compliant manufacturing facilities. While there, CO2, ultrasound, or distillation methods are used to extract CBD oil from the hemp surfaces, resulting in full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD formulations. Kiara Naturals features additional ingredients in its manufacturing processes, and all these are natural in line with the FDA recommendations for organic hemp growing and hemp oil extraction. It also uses MCT oil to formulate the extracts, making them more bioavailable and easily absorbed in the body.
The next stage is 3rd party testing the products for potency and contaminant purity. These quality and control steps ensure the total CBD and THC potencies indicated on the labels match the actual contents and that products remain free of standard contaminants like heavy metals, solvents, residues, microbials, and mycotoxins. Kiara Naturals only partially meets these requirements since it tests products for potency but not purity. The potency results are available per product page and can also be accessed via the centralized lab results hub. However, contaminant test results are not available online, and you cannot have them even after reaching out to customer service.
Range of Products
The following products can be found on Kiara Naturals’ website for your purchase;
i.Kiara Naturals Tinctures
Kiara Naturals has a tincture line offering broad- and full-spectrum CBD formulated oils. They feature various CBD amounts, ranging from 500 mg to 300 mg. The potency range for the tinctures is 5- 300 mg/ml. The oils are extracted through ultrasound or distillation methods and formulated with MCT oil for increased bioavailability.
ii.Kiara Naturals CBD Topicals
Kiara Naturals offers salves and creams in its topical line. These feature pharma-grade full-spectrum formulated CBD alongside other ingredients to augment CBD function. The CBD used here is extracted from hemp using distillation or ultrasound methods. The total CBD amounts range from 16.67 to 33.33 mg/ml, and the products are strictly applied topically.
iii.Kiara Naturals CBD Capsules
Kiara Naturals capsules feature 1200 mg of full-spectrum CBD and deliver 20 mg CBD per unit. There are two types of capsules; body boost and focus, where the latter features CBD, ginseng, and ginger. The typical dosage is 1 capsule a day taken orally.
iv.Kiara Naturals CBD Vape Cartridges
These cartridges are strictly for inhalation and not oral use. They feature full-spectrum CBD and are non-GMO, following the concerns around the genetic modification of organisms. According to the website, the cartridges are compatible with any thread 510 vaping device.
What We Like About the Company
We found many likable factors about Kiara Naturals, including;
- The average price point of €0.06 per mg is lower than what other brands of the same caliber offer
- The brand offers free shipping without a minimum threshold to all destinations, making it easy for low-income users to afford CBD products
- Kiara Naturals offers a 60-day money-back guarantee that accepts complaints from clients and offers them full refunds when claims are justified
- Every product has sufficient information about dosage and storage instructions, giving consumers an easy time using the products
- The 20- 3000 mg range of CBD concentration takes care of veteran and novice CBD enthusiasts
- The brand uses three different methods to transform hemp into CBD products, ensuring high efficiency
- Kiara Naturals uses locally grown Swiss hemp for manufacturing CBD products; hence it promotes the local farmers
- The organic practices at the Appanzellerland in Switzerland ensure no chemicals, pesticides, and solvents get into the chain and bio-magnify in the human system when the CBD products are consumed
- The company manufactures CBD products in cGMP-compliant and FDA-registered facilities, showing its commitments to observing high safety standards while producing the hemp
What We Do Not Like About the Company
Like a coin with two sides, Kiara Naturals has its flip side. Here are the main kinks the brand has;
- Kiara Naturals does not offer CBD edibles
- Although the brand conducts potency tests, it does not test CBD products for contaminant purity
- Some products, including the 1000 mg Blue Magic topical, posed higher variances, even surpassing the 10% acceptable variance limit
- Contact information is limited to WhatsApp messages and phone calls using a number availed on the website
Our review for Kiara Naturals was generally positive, but there is always room for improvement. Although the Swiss CBD brand was launched in 2005, it only started selling CBD products in 2019. We were impressed that the brand is FDA-certified for organic practices and manufactures its CBD products in cGMP-compliant facilities. Moreover, it offers free shipping for all orders without a minimum threshold and guarantees clients 60 days of money back when their claims are justified. Besides, compared to other FDA-certified and cGMP-compliant brands, Kiara Naturals offers lower prices (the average price point was €0.06 per mg CBD), helping it win an even larger loyal customer base. However, the brand needs to improve in a few areas. First and foremost, it needs to be more accurate with its potencies since some products posed variances as high as 22% (much higher than the 10% acceptable limit). Secondly, it’s high time the brand focused on contaminant testing and upload the results online. Thirdly, the brand needs to expand its inventory to feature edible CBD products as they are among CBD mainstays. Aligning these kinks will likely help the company achieve milestones in 2022 and beyond.
- The Rose Petal Beach Makes Women Question their Marriage - March 23, 2023
- It’s National Hand Job Day in Japan - March 21, 2023
- I Feel So Naughty Having Sex Outdoors - March 21, 2023