Lemon drizzle infused with CBD is easy to prepare cake splattered with appetizing lemon seasoned icing. CBD adds to its citrusy taste. CBD in recipes is a great way to experience its benefits without psychotropic effects. CBD is believed to effectively decrease the pressures or afflictions of the mind and body. CBD can offer alleviation from stress and anxiety.
This article offers a step-by-step guide on making CBD-infused lemon drizzle cake drizzle.
Blessing & Marmar (2015) showed CBD as a potent treatment for anxiety disorders. Überall (2020) revealed that CBD plays an active role in pain management. CBD is unlike marijuana which is related to the mind-altering effects of cannabis. Let’s go about this lemon-seasoned delight.
Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe
Lemon drizzle cake is dense and still light plus moist but gives the traditional flaky texture in these desserts. It is important to note that cold ingredients such as butter or eggs must be at room temperature before starting. For new bakers, cakes might be difficult since acquiring the correct texture, consistency, and oiliness needs you to know when to quit stirring.
However, this lemon drizzle cake recipe is among the easiest recipes you’ll experiment with. Moreover, it’s a delightful treat. Because most pound cakes are dense and require moisture, they need oil and other more complex ingredients plus measurements. However, with cannabutter, you only need a few straightforward additions and extras, and you’ll savor every bite of your dessert, no matter your expertise level.
Prep; 10 minutes
Cooking: 55 minutes
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose or self-rising flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cannabutter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. Baking powder
- ¼ vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Baking soda
- 1/3 cup acidic cream
- ¼ tbsp. salt
- ¼ teaspoon butter for lubricating
- Glazing Ingredients
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- ½ cup icing sugar (non-granulated)
- Loaf pan
- Large Bowl and a medium bowl
- Electric mixer
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 325 Fahrenheit with the oven door closed.
- Lubricate an 8 by 4 loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Gently mix the sugar and butter in the large bowl using the electric mixer at medium speed.
- Next, add one egg at a time, ensuring the mixture is rigorously combined.
- Brush the bowl sides to remove undesirable clumps and beat the lemon juice, zest, and vanilla into the blend.
- Clean the beater attachments.
- In a different bowl, mix the other ingredients until a fine and lump-free mixture forms
- Gush the batter into the lubricated and lined loaf pan and bake it in the oven for about 55 minutes.
- A toothpick inserted into the middle ought to come out clean.
- Let the loaf cool enough, maybe up to 1 hour at room temperature.
- You can now be able to glaze your delightful cannabis-blended art.
- Mix all the glaze elements in a small mixing bowl, and subsequently utilize a silicone spatula to cover every lemon drizzle cake inch.
- Your cannabidiol-infused lemon drizzle cake is now ready for consumption.
Lemon Drizzle Cake Tricks and Tips
Here are some tips and tricks for seizing your cannabis lemon drizzle cake.
- Hit the ingredients in individually-Although it’s alluring to dump all the ingredients into the mixing bowl and whip away, it might not give you what you desire. You can do this if in a hurry, though it is best to handle it individually. You’ll achieve a much better texture.
- Do cupcakes if you lack a loaf tin-You can utilize a cupcake or cake tin if you don’t have a loaf tin. Note that cupcakes are different from a loaf and require less time in the oven.
- You can utilize all-purpose flour- Consequently, you’ll require a raising agent such as a baking powder.
- Caster Sugar as an Ingredient- Although caster sugar is rare to find, Ziegler& Hogg (1999) noted that it dissolves quicker than other sugars. However, you can use granulated sugar, except the texture will be different.
- Armstrong et al. (1931) advised consumers to confirm that the ingredients are at Room Temperature- Remove the butter and eggs from the refrigerator a while before baking. The batter will break and turn sour, destroying everything when the butter and eggs are cold.
- Exercise caution with the Oven- It’s enticing to peep at your cake when baking. However, don’t as allowing heat out of the oven causes your cake to sink. If the cake isn’t fully baked at the end, return it delicately to the oven and slowly close the door. Slamming the door might cause problems for your cake.
- Although you can substitute fresh lemon juice with lemon extract, you’ll not be able to benefit from the lemon zest that glorifies this recipe.
The potency of your lemon drizzle cake depends on the strength of the cannabutter. While this specific dessert demands a large quantity of cannabutter, consumers are advised to slash the loaf into at least 10 individual servings. Half a slice may be just enough to drive you on a bizarre journey if you have a low tolerance. Therefore, start low and gradually increase for fulfilling results.
Although a lemon drizzle cake is dense and moist, it can only remain in that state if it’s correctly stored in an airtight container. It should be stored in a cold place at room temperature. Storage of this dessert in the refrigerator or air exposure will dry it out, making it thick, difficult to chew, and generally unenjoyable. Thus ensure to store the slices in an airtight container that seals in all the freshness.
A CBD-blended lemon drizzle cake recipe is simple to try for yourself, family members, or when you need to influence someone. Consequently, the baking choice is dependent on you and your measurements expertise. You’re allowed to personalize this recipe to meet your needs. Organizing the ingredients before starting enhances effectiveness and saves time. Also, what a great way to have your daily dose of CBD than when enjoying sweet treats simultaneously. Therefore, this recipe is great to explore if you’re searching to prepare a tasty snack in the kitchen.
Armstrong, G. B., Schreiber, A. M., & McKee, M. A. (1931). Good things from the oven: the how’s and why’s of breads, cakes, cookies, puddings and pies. Circular/University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign campus). Agricultural Experiment Station; no. 370.
Blessing, E. M., Steenkamp, M. M., Manzanares, J., & Marmar, C. R. (2015). Cannabidiol is a potential treatment for anxiety disorders. Neurotherapeutics, 12(4), 825-836.
Überall, M. A. (2020). A review of scientific evidence for THC: CBD oromucosal spray (nabiximols) in the management of chronic pain. Journal of Pain Research, 13, 399.
Ziegler, G., & Hogg, R. (1999). Particle size reduction. Industrial chocolate manufacture and use, 115-136.