The rhubarb crumble recipe uses a handful of ingredients that makes it convenient for consumers to make these desserts. Rhubarb contains much water and thus requires thickeners that harden the soupy filling. Some cooks use flour, while others use corn starch, minute tapioca, and tapioca starch. Incorporating cannabidiol (CBD) into this recipe is essential as it increases the benefits of desserts. Here is the rhubarb crumble recipe with cannabidiol.
The rhubarb crumble recipe is simple, thus producing tart rhubarb filling. The recipe is usually topped and set with non-oat crumble toppings. Rhubarb is an essential ingredient that makes it simple to prepare these desserts. It contains a lot of water, meaning you should add a thickener because its juice develops a soupy filling. Some cooks choose flour as a thickener, although it is more whitish and opaque. For instance, corn starch, minute tapioca, and tapioca starch are used in puddings with rhubarb. These thickeners make clear, set, vibrant in taste, and color rhubarb fillings. Cannabidiol (CBD) is an important ingredient to cook with the rhubarb crumble recipe.
- Eight cups (1 Kg) were washed thoroughly and trimmed with fresh rhubarb
- 1.25 cups (250 grams) of granulated sugar
- One-quarter (32 grams) of corn starch
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) water
- One teaspoon (5 ml) pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Ten fresh raspberries (incorporate pink color is the rhubarb is exceedingly green)
- 1.5 cups (185 grams) bleached multipurpose flour
- Half cup or 100 grams of granulated sugar
- A one-quarter teaspoon or 1.25-milliliter diamond crystal processed kosher salt
- Half cup or 115 grams of unsalted cold butter sliced into cubes
- Vanilla bean ice cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put a wide ceramic cooking saucepan (like the ceramic cooking bowl with above two-inch sides or square Pyrex on the parchment-matched sheet pan and separate it.
- Cut the cleaned rhubarb into one inch (2.5 cm) pieces.
- Put the rhubarb (half) into the cooking bowl.
- Spread the water, corn starch, and sugar on the surface then toss these constituents to cover the rhubarbs uniformly. Your hands can perform this activity.
- Seal the cooking bowl with an aluminum foil sheet, then cook your rhubarb for about thirty minutes. You should notice that rhubarb has discharged much water after carefully removing the foil.
- Enclose the remaining rhubarb, vanilla extract, or bean paste to ensure the filling has been appropriately combined using the heatproof spatula.
- Individuals can incorporate some raspberries to give the color.
- Lower your oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a huge dish, whisk the salt, sugar, and flour.
- Put the butter cubes into a dish and throw them into multipurpose flour with your hands for covering.
- Use the fingertips to convert the butter-flour mixture into a crumby blend.
- Spread crumble on your rhubarb filling.
- Cook rhubarb crumble without covering till the filling becomes exceedingly hot and bubbling, including the middle, and the surface is golden.
- Wait for approximately one hour.
- Allow it cool for about one hour for fillings to set.
- Serve with vanilla extracts or vanilla ice cream or plain.
Is Cannabidiol (CBD) Safe?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is an active cannabis compound praised for numerous health benefits. Besides, cannabis contains other constituents like tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), a molecule that causes psychoactive effects. Hemp and cannabis sativa (marijuana) are major cannabis varieties containing unique CBD amounts. In this regard, hemp constitutes high cannabidiol, while marijuana has high THC contents. According to Mead (2019), the Farm Bill legalized hemp farming, manufacturing, and consumption in 2018. However, only CBD oil with below 0.3% THC was legalized. Since hemp contains insignificant tetrahydrocannabinol amounts, federal law authorized its utilization. Contrastingly, marijuana-derived products are illegal following their high THC contents. Individuals can utilize cannabidiol products freely without major law concerns.
Guidelines for Cooking with Cannabidiol Oil
Never put Cannabidiol Oil on Direct Heat
Heat alters the CBD’s effectiveness and composition. Haller & Lutz (1941) explained that the temperature should be maintained below 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Cooking rhubarb crumble with cannabidiol at excessively high temperatures lower benefits. Alternatively, you can sprinkle the cannabidiol oil after cooking the crumble for more benefits.
Combine Cannabidiol Oil with Other Baking Oils to Improve its Effectiveness
Wynder (2020) discovered that cannabidiol is fat-soluble, implying that the body absorbs it better with coconut oil or avocado. When preparing this recipe, choose the appropriate fats that match properly with CBD oil.
Cannabidiol Oil Interacts with Other Medications
Individuals should be careful when cooking rhubarb crumble recipes with cannabidiol, especially those under medications. For this reason, consult your medical provider if using certain drugs.
How Much Sugar and Fruits to Incorporate into Rhubarb
Bakers should have sufficient sugar to balance the rhubarb tartness. The sugar to rhubarb ratio depends upon consumers. If the compound becomes excessively tart, put more sugar or consume straight cream, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream. Greeley (1971) stated strawberry is a standard taste blend with rhubarb. Incorporating half strawberry rather than rhubarb into the recipe will function effectively. Blackberries, pears, and apples can constitute half the crumble in the rhubarb crumble recipe. Reduce the sugar amount by one-quarter cup if utilizing delicious fruits and rhubarb.
How to Store and Serve Rhubarb Crumble
Serve this pudding warm but allow it cool for approximately one hour after being taken from an oven. You can serve with yogurt, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or plain. Store rhubarb crumble sealed at normal temperature for two days maximally or in a fridge tightly corked to maintain moisture for seven days.
Thickeners are essential when baking rhubarb crumble with cannabidiol since it contains high water content. Some suitable thickeners to make crumble puddings include all-around flour, corn starch, minute tapioca, and tapioca starch. Rhubarb filling should be thickened to enable cooks to serve following its watery nature. The ingredients utilized in rhubarb filling are corn starch, granulated sugar, trimmed fresh rhubarb, water, vanilla extract, and fresh raspberries. Contrastingly, crumble topping requires bleached multipurpose flour and unsalted cold butter. After preparing rhubarb pudding, you can serve it with plain vanilla ice cream. Cannabidiol (CBD) carries amazing health benefits contents. Incorporating them into this recipe brings a significant advantage.
Greeley, (1971). How To Buy Canned And Frozen Fruits (No. 191). US Department Of Agriculture.
Haller, & Lutz (1941). A Comparative Study Of Storage At 32 Degrees And 36 Degrees F. Of Apples Grown In The Potomac River Valley (Vol. 776). US Department Of Agriculture.
Mead (2019). Legal And Regulatory Issues Governing Cannabis And Cannabis-Derived Products In The United States. Frontiers In Plant Science, 10, 697.
Wynder, Step 3: The Cancer Diet.