The best shampoo for scalp eczema should contain a combination of medical-grade tar, zinc pyrithione, salicylic acid, sulfur, coal tar, ciclopirox, selenium sulfide, ketoconazole and sulfacetamide. These gentle and pH-balanced ingredients are best known for their ability to fight eczema discomfort.
Ingredients to Avoid
Avoid shampoos with preservatives, fragrances, allergens and sulfates. These ingredients can trigger eczema on your scalp or make it worse.
When Should Someone Opt for A Medicated Formula and When for Non-Medicated, Gentle Formula?
Use a non-medicated gentle formula when the symptoms of scalp eczema show up, and use a medicated formula 1-3 times a week after the symptoms go away. Applying a medicated shampoo will keep the symptoms from coming back.
What Are Your Top Over-The-Counter/Drug Store Shampoo Brand Recommendations for People with Scalp Eczema?
- Babo Botanicals Sensitive Baby Fragrance Free Shampoo & Wash
- Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Aloe + Oat Milk Ultra Soothing Shampoo
- Neutrogena T/Sal Therapeutic Shampoo
- Vanicream Free & Clear Shampoo
- What You Need to Be a Good Lover - March 24, 2023
- TOWIE’s Kirk Has Slept With 1,000 Women - March 24, 2023
- The Slut Drop - March 24, 2023