CBD products have become popular today, thanks to the potential benefits the cannabinoid is believed to have. Although the FDA has not approved CBD for healing, treating, or curing any condition, you will likely come across its products online and in dispensary stores across the world. SunMed is one of the many CBD-producing brands in the USA. Although it has only been in operation for three years since its launch in 2018, it is doing pretty well in the CBD arena and boasts a considerable market reputation. We had the privilege to review the company and found many likable aspects, including high-quality products, USDA certification, organic farming practices, rigorous potency and contaminant third-party testing, and availability of the results online on an easily accessible page.
About the Company
SunMed and SunFlora Inc. is a hemp-growing, and CBD-producing legalized brand located in Bradenton, Flora, USA. It has a history that dates back to 2018, and it has been in operation since then. It was launched by Rachel Quinn, a former Crohn’s disease patient who suffered for long and only found a phenomenal experience with CBD products. Consequently, she set out to start a CBD company to spread the gospel about CBD and deal in quality products that would help other ailing people benefit from the cannabinoid. The company boasts of many achievements, and its latest one is USDA certification for most of its products. Being a young player in the CBD arena, its product line is fairly wide and only includes topicals, edibles, tinctures, and pet items as the main products. Admittedly, it is one of the reputable US CBD-producing brands, especially because it deals in high-quality premium products.
Furthermore, SunMed conducts rigorous third-party tests for most of its products. Most CBD-producing companies test their items for CBD and THC potencies, and SunMed equally does that. Besides, reputable brands go beyond the obvious and test products for purity and quality by examining whether they have heavy metals, microbes, mycotoxins, solvents, moisture, and residues, among other contaminants. Thankfully, SunMed tests all its products for these impurities. Moreover, it avails the lab reports online on an easily accessible page. In fact, the Certificates of Analysis (CoA) are in PDF downloadable format one can download and view later.
The following characteristics are true for SunMed and describe its process;
- A 30-day money-back guarantee for dissatisfied clients to file claims for exchanges, returns, or refunds
- Free shipping for orders worth $99
- Shipping limited to 48 US states
- Item products range from $10 to $750
- Extraction method not revealed
- The average price point ranges between $0.05 and $0.1 per mg CBD
- Edibles do not guarantee a taste
- Extract consumption methods include topicals, capsules, tinctures, pet items, and edibles
- Extracts available in isolate, full-, and broad-spectrum formulations
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly CBD products
- Free shipping unavailable to Hawaii, Alaska, and US Territory clients
- Organic, USDA-certified hemp used for CBD products
- Shipping takes 5-7 days via USPS
- An easily navigable website
- The source of hemp is uncertain
- Enough information about the company, its founders, and its team of experts
SunMed’s official webpage offers every information, including its facilities’ physical location, the team of experts, the CEO, and the founder, but nothing about its source of hemp. Although it claims that it is a legal hemp grower and CBD producer, it provides no information as to whether it directly grows hemp and where it does so or liaises with farmers who grow hemp. Nonetheless, it mentions that its products are organic, vegan-friendly, non-GMO, and USDA-certified.
Moreover, the SunMed website has multiple lab reports from third-party testing. It is commendable that the third-party lab reports provide fairly accurate lab results for potency and purity tests, revealing that the brand does a pretty good job. What’s more, viewing the lab results is not limited to having a batch number, although having such details make things easier. The company deals in tinctures, capsules, edibles, topicals, pet items, and bath bombs. Most of these are available in broad-, and full-spectrum formulations, but some come in isolate form.
Customer & Buying Experiences
We are happy to say that we enjoyed our experience with SunMed, both for the website and buying items. First, the website was easily navigable and detailed. Every information page, such as shipping policy, return policy, and lab reports, expounded on topics elaborately. Although the site did not have an FAQ page, other sections of the site discussed their topics exhaustively, taking care of most questions that would be addressed by the FAQ section.
Shopping was rather intuitive, and one decides what he wants to buy. Grouping products by category and sub-classifying them according to potency, flavor, and other sub-categories, making the experience better. The only challenge was that the site needed one to create an ‘add to account’ before listing any product to the cart. Technically, this meant that you can only shop with SunMed if you have an account with them. Unlike most brands, it did not have many consistent discounts, and we could not verify if it offers military veteran discounts.
Additionally, shipping for SunMed happens only within the 48 US contagious states, and there is no shipping beyond such borders, to say maybe international destinations at the moment. Free shipping is available if one orders products worth $99 and above, but anything below this is calculated based on location. We did not like that SunMed does not offer free shipping and discounts to clients within Alaska, US territories, and Hawaii. Ordering items before 1400 hours means shipping will take place the same day, but orders beyond the stated time are processed the next day. After an order has been confirmed, you can wait for your deliveries between 5 and 7 days. SunMed uses USPS first class option to ship its orders.
Range of Products
SunMed is a young player in the CBD arena and has a relatively wide product line featuring the following items;
i.SunMed CBD Tinctures & Drops
SunMed offers CBD tinctures and drops available in full- and broad-spectrum formulations and different CBD concentrations, including 250 mg, 300 mg, 500 mg, 600 mg, 660 mg, 750 mg, 900 mg, 1000 mg, 1200 mg, 2000 mg, and 3000 mg. The tinctures cost $35 o $300, depending on the strength and quantity, and have an average price point of $0.07-$0.20 per mg CBD. Some are water-soluble, while others have additional ingredients, including base oil. They are strictly taken orally or sublingually, although you can add them to foods and beverages.
ii.SunMed CBD Gummies
SunMed CBD gummies are available in different concentrations, including 100 mg, 200 mg, and 300 mg, for 5 mg/unit, 10 mg/unit, 20 mg/unit, and 30 mg/unit potency. The gummies are vegan and non-vegan, and one chooses the preferred type while shopping. The Watermelon & Peach flavored gummies are the brand’s best-selling gummies. Depending on how much you want to spend, you can buy the 10-pack or 30-pack gummies.
iii.SunMed CBD Topicals
This product line strictly has topical application products, including face serum, skin lotion, topical cream (for night and daytime), and lip balm. Some items, including some face creams and body lotions, are collagen-free, while others are in broad-spectrum formulations. Total CBD concentrations include 15 mg, 30 mg, 50 mg, 120 mg, 150 mg, and 1000 mg, depending on the product. They cost $10 to $145, while the average price point ranges from $0.07 to $0.33 per mg CBD.
iv.SunMed CBD Capsules
SunMed offers four types of capsules; Broad-spectrum CBD capsules (750 mg and 300 mg) and the Maxine & Megan Flow Lite Formula capsules (450 mg and 900 mg). They have a $0.08 to $0.12 per mg CBD price point, and they cost $35 to $75. The average potency of the caps is 10 mg/unit.
v.SunMed CBD Tinctures
SunMed has a line of products that deal in pet tinctures. The tinctures feature on formulation, i.e., broad-spectrum CBD, and are only available in 250 mg CBD concentration. As per the website, the oil drops are strictly taken orally or sublingually, although you can add them to foods or beverages. Start slow and gradually increase the dose when your furry buddy seems to want some more.
vi.SunMed Pet and Human CBD Edibles
The human edible options include CBD honey sticks (100 mg and 200 mg), and hard candies (150 mg and 500 mg), all of which come in broad-spectrum formulations. Pet edible items include CBD pet cat snacks, CBD pet bacon treats, lamb treats, and peanut butter organic pet biscuits. They cost $15 to $50, posing a $0.15-$0.20 average price point.
What We Like About the Company
SunMed is one of the brands we really enjoyed reviewing. During our review, we found the following desirable;
- SunMed conducts rigorous third-party tests for CBD and THC potencies, as well as standard contaminants
- The 30-day money-back guarantee allows dissatisfied clients to have returns, refunds, and exchanges after approval
- The average price point of $0.05 to $0.01 per mg CBD is well within the market range
- Products cost between $10 and $750, providing all enthusiasts with a CBD product to enjoy
- The results for third-party tests are easily available online on an easily accessible page
- The extracts are available in three main formulations, isolates, broad-, and full-spectrum CBD, catering to all enthusiasts
- The results are available in PDF format and are easily downloadable
- The company’s official website is easily navigable
- The official page has detailed information about the company, its founders, team of experts, and shipping policy
- Free shipping is available for goods worth $99 and above
- The brand has some of its latest products USDA-certified
- Using organic USDA-certified products ensures the brand deals in nothing but high-quality premium products
- SunMed provides several methods of reaching its customer care desk, including email address, phone number, a live chat feature, and an address to its facilities’ physical location
What We Do Not Like About the Company
Despite the major picks above, we did not like several things about SunMed. For instance;
- It does not offer free shipping and discounts to clients from Alaska, US territories, and Hawaii
- Shipping is limited to 48 US contagious states and does not include international territories
- Returns have to be approved, and the process typically takes longer and may delay the entire refund process
- The product line is somewhat limited and features gummies, topicals, capsules, pet items, and tinctures as the main items
- Adding a product to the cart allows one to create an account
- Although it answers some questions about shipping and delivery, the website does not have a designated FAQ page
- The brand says nothing about its extraction method
- Setting $99 as the lower limit for free shipping cuts other clients out, especially those with suboptimal financial situations
Our Overall Verdict
Generally, our review for SunMed was positive. The brand has an elaborate website that’s easy to navigate, a fairly comprehensive product line, three formulations for different extracts, and conducts thorough third-party tests, continuously uploading the results. Still, its $99 is relatively high and hard to meet, its 30-day money-back guarantee is subject to rejection or approval, and its discounts and free shipping exclude Alaska, Hawaii, and US territories. With slight improvements in the stated kinks, it will keep soaring higher in the CBD domain.