What is it, and what causes it? What are common symptoms and treatment options for psoriasis? In general, what should people know about this condition?
Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition that leads to faster skin cells buildup than usual. Its cause is not yet clear but it may be an issue with the body’s immunity that replaces the skin’s cells between 10 and 30 days. Its triggers may include;
Infections, such as, tonsillitis can cause a psoriasis inflammation. The sign may appear like tiny drops on limbs or torso, and having HIV can worsen the illness.
Anxiety and stress can trigger flare ups and outbreaks. But staying calm and relaxed possibly keeps the body from dangers.
Psoriasis symptoms depend on the type. Examples include;
- Some parts may bleed, especially after scraping.
- Red patches or rashes on the skin.
- Itchiness and pain.
- Toenails or fingernails may get discolored or crumbled.
- The scalp may acquire scaly plaques.
The most common treatments, especially for mild conditions, include;
- Coal tar
- Moisturizers for dry skin
- Steroid creams
For moderate to severe cases, the following treatments can help;
Using lotions, creams, or pills with vitamin A can help ease the condition. But it may have side effects, such as, birth defects.
Light therapy treatment combines psoralen medicine and a unique UV light that reduces the growth of skin cells.
Note: People need to understand that psoriasis has no cure. It can only be maintained by managing the inflammation or reducing the symptoms related.
- Elevate Energy, Soothe Stress, And Peak Performance with The New UNBEETABREW Coffee Sensation - September 21, 2023
- Chef Bob’s Coffee: A Journey Fueled by Passion - July 29, 2023
- Amatera: Redefining Beauty by Embracing Aging Gracefully - June 10, 2023