There is no recommended dosage for CBD gummies. While some people tolerate 100 mg CBD, others can only take 10 mg. The secret lies in taking CBD gummies and going slow on them until you determine how many the body can comfortably take.
CBD gummies are ideal for enjoying CBD and its potential benefits, and many people are embracing them. Although gummies may have lower bioavailability, they are a great alternative, especially when looking for a way to mask the earthy aftertaste that many people do not like. Besides, gummies come in different flavors, shapes, and strengths and offer users a plethora to choose from. Meanwhile, health challenges are on the rise, and since CBD is touted as safe for just about anything and well-tolerated, many people opt for it. Still, you may wonder how many gummies a person should take, which is a critical question, bearing in mind that the FDA has no dosage recommendations for non-prescription CBD. This article shares critical information on CBD gummies, including how many you should eat.
CBD- the Basics
It is a chemical substance and one of the active compounds in cannabis plants, also called cannabinoids. The other widely studied and abundant cannabinoid is THC, primarily known for its psychoactive properties. Contrarily, CBD does not make a person ‘high,’ partly explaining why many people embrace it every other day. There are three types of CBD you could explore, based on the formulation, as explained below;
- Full-spectrum CBD; comprises CBD, the psychoactive THC, terpenes, flavonoids, and additional cannabinoids such as CBC, CBT, CBG, and CBN. Because of the many compounds in full-spectrum CBD, it is linked to a full entourage effect associated with the many health benefits of CBD.
- Broad-spectrum CBD; has CBD, terpenes, flavonoids, and additional cannabinoids but lacks the psychoactive THC. It is also linked to the full entourage effect of multiple compounds.
- Isolate-based CBD; has CBD as the only cannabinoid and lacks terpenes and flavonoids. It is not linked to the full entourage effect but still makes a great alternative for people who value CBD but want nothing to do with the psychoactive THC.
What Are CBD Gummies?
They are sweets infused with CBD oil and come in different shapes, flavors, strengths, and compositions. They are among the most popular CBD deliverables since they are a great way to mask the earthy taste of the oil and the bitter taste of tinctures. Besides, since they come in various colors and flavors, they present CBD users with many options from which to choose. What’s more, CBD gummies are an easy carry-on-the-go option, especially because they are discreet. You can have the entire jar with you or select a few you need for the day. As if that’s not enough, you need no permission from anyone to enjoy your CBD gummies discreetly, but taking CBD oil or tincture draws unnecessary attention.
How Many CBD Gummies Can You Take?
Epidiolex is a cannabis-derived drug that the FDA approved for managing Lennox-Gastaut and Dravet Syndrome, two rare forms of epilepsy caused by tuberous sclerosis. Unfortunately, the FDA only controls Epidiolex and not non-prescription CBD like gummies. There is no recommended dosage for non-prescription CBD products, gummies included. Most people who take CBD gummies rely on doctors for CBD dosage advice or to follow the labels’ instructions. Still, there is nothing and CBD gummy dosage, and a person has to take the gummies and listen to the body to gauge how many of them he can tolerate. Different people have varying body makeup, which means their CBD needs will vary widely.
Can You Overdose with CBD?
Although there is nothing as CBD gummy dosage, there is a possibility of taking too many gummies than the body can sustain. For instance, Bass & Linz (2020) recorded a case in which a 56-year-old man took too many gummies than his body could contain. He was taking CBD gummies for his back pain, and the recommended daily dosage was 30 mg per session. However, the man took two packages of CBD, upping the total CBD concentration to 375 mg. His co-workers noted that his speech was slowly slurring and that he was vomiting, at which they rushed him to the hospital in an ambulance. He was given an oxygen supply, continuous stimulation, and anti-emetics for the vomiting, and he recovered in a day. This case clearly shows that while there is no recommended dosage for CBD gummies, there is a limit for the gummies for every person, which one can only gauge by consuming gummies.
How to Manage CBD Gummy Dosages
Continuously taking CBD gummies helps you know how many of these edibles you can comfortably contain. Although there is no recommended dosage for CBD gummies, a few factors can help you manage to dose. For instance;
- Up CBD gummy dosages for better effects; people take CBD gummies for different reasons, including enhancing sleep and reducing pain. If you start on the CBD regimen, you slowly increase the dosages, say by 5 mg every 2 weeks, and monitor how the body responds to the slight adjustments. Eventually, you will be able to determine how many gummies are enough for you.
- Go slow on the strength and potencies as you observe how the body responds; when you are a novice CBD enthusiast, it is best to keep the dosages low and observe how they take your body.
- Go for high-strength gummies to avoid taking too much sugar; instead of taking 4 gummies each 10 mg CBD, why not go for one- 40 mg CBD gummy to avoid unnecessarily taking high amounts of sugar?
There are no dosages for CBD gummies, especially because the FDA does not regulate non-prescription CBD. The secret is going slow on the dosages and watching how the body responds to them to finally gauge how many of the gummies the body can comfortably contain. Besides, taking more gummies than the body can take may result in adverse side effects, as recorded in one study in which CBD gummy overdose led to vomiting and slurred speech.
Man- Bass, J., & Linz, D. R. (2020). A Case of Toxicity from Cannabidiol Gummy Ingestion. Cureus, 12(4), e7688.
- Elevate Energy, Soothe Stress, And Peak Performance with The New UNBEETABREW Coffee Sensation - September 21, 2023
- Chef Bob’s Coffee: A Journey Fueled by Passion - July 29, 2023
- Amatera: Redefining Beauty by Embracing Aging Gracefully - June 10, 2023