Eggs are among the chosen foods that can be classified as ‘superfoods’. Eggs have several nutritional benefits. However, their value depends on the type of egg you’ve chosen to eat either white eggs or whole eggs. Some of the nutrients found in the eggs are rare to find in the modern diet.
Nutritional highlights of the eggs
Eggs are sources of cheap high-quality proteins. The white part consists of more than half of the proteins in the egg. Moreover, the white part also contains Vitamin B12, B6, and D more than the yolk and minerals such as zinc, iron copper.
On the other hand, the yolk has more fats and calories than the white part. The fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K and lecithin properties enable emulsification in recipes such as mayonnaise.
Various ways you can prepare eggs
Eggs are very delicious. They can be cooked in various ways and it is easy to combine them with other meals like vegetables. Below are some ways you can prepare them:
- Boiling them
- Poaching them
- Baking them
- Scrambling them
Factors affecting the size of eggs
Factors that may affect the size of the eggs include the following;
- Age of the bird the other the bird the bigger the egg.
- Breed of the bird: there are a breed of birds with bigger eggs while others are small
- Dietary factors like the daily intake and daily protein intake
- Lifestyle factors of the bird if the birds have access to extra food sources, they are likely to produce bigger eggs
What are the Health Benefits of eggs?
- Promotes strong muscles; our bodies require proteins to build new tissues thus making proteins an essential element on your diet.
- Promotes growth of healthy hair and nails: eggs contain high sulfur content with amino acids and a wide range of minerals and vitamins that are responsible for the growth of healthy nails and hair.
- They help in protecting your bones; eggs are a rich source of vitamin D. Vitamin D plays an essential role in maintaining good optimum bone health and in calcium absorption thus preventing you from experiencing rickets and osteoporosis.
- They are of help when you want to shed some weight: taking more eggs increases your feeling of fullness thus reducing the calorie intake tare among the nutrients-dense foods.
- The eggs contain betaine and choline that promote a healthy heart. Thus reduces the risk of experiencing heart diseases and stroke. People with diabetes are advised to take more eggs. To help them reduce the chances of getting heart diseases. They also become less conscious on average when they take lots of eggs.
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, the choline substance also helps in the brain developmentof the baby.
- High-quality protein with all the essential amino acids is responsible for bodybuilding. The amino acids are well distributed thus the body to make full use of the protein in them.
How many are too many eggs?
Eggs were once considered to be unhealthy when taken due to their high cholesterol and high heart problems. However, there is no specific number of eggs one should eat per day. Initially, people thought that consuming.
How to Select and Store the Eggs
When you are buying eggs, you should consider choosing them from free-range or organically raised hens. Inspect the eggs before buying by checking the crates if they have a liquid substance or the liquid box to ensure that there are no broken eggs.
You should store the eggs in the main body of the refrigerator for not more than a month. It is advisable to check the best-before date of the egg written on the box. The eggs with higher omega 3 fatty acids should be eaten as soon as possible to keep the oils fresh.
Eggs are among the major food types with an allergen. The symptoms of the egg allergen may appear right after taking one egg. They include;
- Nasal congestion
- Coughing or tight chests
- Hives on the face or around the mouth
- You might experience nausea, cramps, and sometimes vomiting.
- You might also experience a severe, life-threatening, and rare emergency called anaphylaxis
Raw eggs may contain harmful bacteria called Salmonella that is bad for your health. Salmonella poisoning causes fever, dehydration, and cramps.
Moreover, the raw eggs may also reduce the absorption of biotin, a water-soluble vitamin that plays a significant role in energy production. The protein avidin found in the raw egg can bind to biotin thus stopping its absorption. However, you may have to eat large amounts to cause biotin deficiency. When cooking the eggs, the avidin does not have similar effects as in raw eggs.
Egg whites or whole eggs; which should you eat?
Egg whites have low calories, fat, and cholesterol yet high proteins, therefore, making them a portion of good food to take when trying to lose weight. They also benefit people who have high protein requirements but need to watch out on their calorie intake eg the athletes.
On the other hand, whole eggs have been low in nutrients when compared to white eggs. The whole eggs have a wide range of vitamins, minerals, extra protein, and some healthy fats. Despite the high cholesterol amount in whole eggs, there is no link between egg intake and heart disease risk. An egg a day may reduce the chances for you to get a stroke
Additionally, egg yolks are sources of two antioxidants namely; lutein and zeaxanthin. The two antioxidants help in the prevention of eye degeneration and cataracts.
When you eat whole eggs, you’ll feel full thus helping you feel fuller thus helping you take fewer calories.
However, if you are on a strict diet with reduced calorie intake, have a family history of high cholesterol and heart diseases or you are having high levels of cholesterol, then you should take white eggs for a healthier choice.
Most people choose to take white eggs living the whole eggs that have more health benefits than the white eggs due to their many nutrients. However, people who need to limit their calorie intake should opt to eat white eggs.
We would like to thank the below contributors who have helped us to write this article:
- Cowgirl -The American Man’s Favourite Sex Position - April 7, 2023
- Why You Should Buy Butt Plugs with a Finger Loop? - April 7, 2023
- Top Ten Must-Have Sex Toys for Anal Stimulation - April 6, 2023