This article explains making a Victoria sponge cake recipe that contains CBD. This article explains making a Victoria sponge cake recipe that contains CBD.
Incorporating CBD oil into cakes is becoming a popular way of baking, especially among people who want to take CBD but don’t love the taste. For others, baking is fun, and they want to try out new recipes with the oil. You may want to try it out too. For whichever reason you want to use CBD oil in your baking, you have to be careful to follow the recipe for better results. Lundquist (2022) recommended using organic CBD oil and a broad-spectrum type of CBD oil. This is because non-organic CBD oil contains chemicals and unpleasant pesticides that will lead to your cake having a nasty taste. The broad spectrum contains a lot of the hemp plant and ensures a rich mix of terpenes, cannabinoids, and flavonoids in your cake that will give you effective results when you ingest it. To use CBD oil well in your baking, you must combine it with fat by making CBD coconut oil or butter. You can incorporate CBD oil into sponge cake, and a good example is the Victoria sponge cake. This article shows some recipes for the Victoria sponge cake.
Sponge Cake, What is It?
Jarpa-Parra & Chen (2021) explained that sponge cake, also known as sandwich cake, is a dense, light, and moist bubble-filled cake that is simple to make. It uses more fat which makes it not to be rigid or airy. It gained its fame during the Victorian era tea time. Ylivuori (2018) explained that its origin dates back to the 18th century during Anna Maria Stanhope, the Duchess of Bedford, who was the lady waiting for Queen Victoria. One late afternoon the Queen asked for a cake and tea, and the duchess made a sponge cake that turned out to be the Queen’s favorite cake and would be served to her at all her lunches. It was used as a treat for children during tea time and soon became a well-liked preference for both adults and children. Sorrentino (2021) explained that over time the cake spread worldwide and gained variations, with one of the most recent ingredients incorporating CBD oil. Pay attention to the baking time, and recipe as the cake is sensitive to temperatures and cooking time. Ensure the ingredients are at room temperature before you begin the baking process. It can be prepared using two methods. The first is the creaming, a method where you mix sugar and butter and stir to get a fluffy and uniform mixture before adding eggs and finally the other dry ingredients. The other method is the one bowl method, where you mix all the ingredients and stir them together to get a creamy batter. Jam and cream are the traditionally used fillings, but flavored buttercreams, lemon curd, clotted creams, fresh creams, and strawberries may also be used.
Victoria Sponge Cake
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 grams of self-rising flour plus extra for dusting
- 250 grams of canna butter oil at room temperature and extra oil for greasing
Ingredients for Filling
- 700g raspberries
- 500 grams of jam sugar
- 4 tablespoon icing sugar
- 500ml double cream
- ½ lemon juice
Method of Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius at gas no 5. Grease the sponge baking tins about 4 cm deep. Line the bases of the baking tins with baking parchments.
- In a mixing tin, beat the caster sugar, the butter, and a pinch of salt until a pale and creamy mixture is achieved. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, then add gradually to the mixture. Add the vanilla extract and fold in the flour. After kneading the dough to a preferred texture, put in the tins and place in the oven.
- Let it bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and risen well. Leave it cool, then after a while, removes the baking parchment and let it to further cool.
- Make the jam by mixing the lemon juice, the raspberries, and the sugar into a large pan and heating over low heat for 2-3 minutes until the sugar is dissolved. After the sugar is dissolved, turn up the heat and boil the mixture for 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Whip the cream, put it into a piping bag, place the sponge cake on a tray, spread the jam on top, pipe the cream over the jam, and then the remaining raspberries. Add the second sponge on top, then finish by dusting with icing sugar.
Another sponge cake with CBD oil that serves 12 people
Sponge Cake with CBD Oil
- 1 ¾ cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of an even combination of corn starch and corn flour
- ½ cup cannabutter
- ½ cup milk
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Method of Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Celsius
- Grease two oven baking tins with cannabutter, then line the bottom of the tins with baking paper.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl except for the cannabutter, and whip all the ingredients until a uniform mixture is attained.
- Add the dry ingredients to a separate bowl and whisk them using an electric whisk.
- Add half of the cannabutter into the bowl of the dry ingredients before adding it to the cake batter.
- Add the other half of the cannabutter into the mix and continue blending until no lumps are formed, and the butter has a crumbly and grainy texture.
- Add half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir the mixture faster to attain a smooth consistency.
- Pour the remaining half of the wet ingredients into the bowl and blend the same way you did for the first half, till smooth.
- Pour the cake batter equally into the two baking tins, then bake in the middle oven for 25 minutes.
- When ready, place the cake on a cooling rack or tray for about 15 minutes before transferring them to plates.
- Put one sponge cake on a plate and spread jam on top, then add the second sponge cake and dust it with icing sugar.
- You can use toppings like Nutella, sliced fruit, berries, nuts, honey, jam, nuts, peanut butter, and cheesecake icing.
Victoria recipe cake comes in a variety of recipes. The article highlighted two examples of recipes for Victoria Sponge Cake with CBD. To have the best cake quality, you must follow the recipe well on the number of ingredients to use. If you want to feel the effects of CBD for a long time, you can consider incorporating CBD into your cake.
Jarpa-Parra, M., & Chen, L. (2021). Applications of Plant Polymer-Based Solid Foams: Current Trends in the Food Industry. Applied Sciences, 11(20), 9605.
Lundquist, E. (2022). Hemp Extract vs. CBD Isolate: Comparing Composition, Action, & Use. Health.
Sorrentino, G. (2021). Introduction to emerging industrial applications of cannabis (Cannabis sativa L.). Rendiconti Lincei. Scienze fisiche e naturali, 32(2), 233-243.
Ylivuori, S. (2018). Women and politeness in eighteenth-century England: Bodies, identities, and power (p. 308). Taylor & Francis.