What causes the condition?
Aphasia is not an illness but a sign of brain injury. It can also attack people who suffer from stroke or other conditions, including inflammation, head injury, or brain tumors.
What are the risk factors?
- Stroke history
- Excessive alcohol
- Unhealthy diet
What the main symptoms?
- Saying incomplete sentences or short words
- Problem understanding a conversation
- Replaces a word or sound with another
- Trouble writing comprehensive sentences
- Speaks sentences that do not make sense