Selective mutism (SM) is the inability to speak in certain situations, places, or to some people. This anxiety disorder strikes during childhood. However, it can be part and parcel of your adulthood when ignored.
The exact cause of selective mutism is still unknown, making it one of the under diagnosed disorders.
Signs of Selective Mutism
- Frequent failure to speak in certain social settings
- Shyness, withdrawal, or social isolation
- Finding it difficult to maintain eye contact
- Difficulty sitting in crowded or noisy places
The most common treatment for selective mutism includes stimulus fading and medication. The former is mostly used on children while the latter on young adults and older people.
- THCa Flower by Perfect Plant Markey - September 21, 2023
- Arches Audio Shares Their Secrets For Starting A Successful Podcast - July 7, 2023
- LookHealthyStore – The First Chinese Cosmetics Website - June 10, 2023