American Shaman is one of the major CBD brands that sell CBD products online, in physical stores, and also as franchises. The company’s headquarter is in Kansas City, Missouri. American Shaman deals in full-spectrum CBD products that can be enjoyed by those interested in entourage CBD. Its product range is wide and features edibles, tinctures, pet edibles and tinctures, topicals, and many other products. Its website contains the basic features of a business site, such as About Us, FAQ, Contact Us, and others, but does not reveal much details about its origin and founders. Still, it has a good reputation in the market because it deals in high-quality products and uses nanotechnology to increase CBD bioavailability and absorption.
About the Company
We could not tell when the company was founded, who founded it, and who run it at the moment. However, we looked through the ‘About Us’ tab of the American Shaman official page and saw that its vision is ‘To bring wellness to humanity and the planet Earth by producing high quality CBD products.’ The company claims that it applies modern technology to produce terpene-rich, high-quality CBD oil from naturally grown hemp and natural ingredients formulation. Besides, American Shaman emphasizes that it ensures the highest safety and industrial standards while extracting the cannabinoids from the plant fibers and the packaging process. They strive to produce top-of-the-line CBD products to satisfy their consumers with clean and potent items. In case of dissatisfaction, the brand allows clients to return the products within 45 days from the day of purchase when they can get a full refund.
We hoped to find much information about American Shaman’s origin through the website, but all we found was its mission statement and nothing else. Since the company realizes that people are not equal financially, they care for veterans, people with disabilities, and low-income, and offer them 30% off for any purchases above $34.99. The program is christened ‘Compassionate Care Program,’ and is one of the best initiatives around. If you want to apply for this provision, visit the ‘Programs’ section. It is noteworthy that despite the insufficient information about the company’s origin and founders, it has a good reputation in the market, especially because of the high-quality products it deals in and its use of nanotechnology to enhance CBD’s bioavailability and absorption.
American Shaman sells CBD products online and in physical stores, and it also franchises the items; and more about this can be checked at the ‘Franchise’ section on the official page. The company’s site has a FAQ section that addresses a few things about hemp, CBD, legal status, the DEA ruling about CBD, and the endocannabinoid system. Unlike most sites, American Shaman’s official website is limited since it does not cover common concerns about the refund policy or the common questions people raise after starting to use CBD. In case you want to contact the brand, visit the ‘Contact’ section of the official page, and you will find the brand’s email address, phone numbers, and address. This section also reveals that the company’s head office has its headquarter in Kansas City, Missouri.
Surfing through American Shaman’s official page gives you general information on the extraction process used by the company, third-party utilization, and hemp oil utilization. Besides, upon clicking on a given product, you will access its name, the amount of CBD content, potency, directions for use, star rating, and the price of the item. You can also access third-party lab results in the About or ‘Lab Reports’ sections, although some of the data is not accurate. We tested for the Water Soluble Ultra Concentrated Full Spectrum hemp Oil with a Cherry limeade flavor that had 300 mg of CBD according to the label. However, Green Scientific Labs’ result showed that the real CBD content amounted to 342.2 mg, giving a 14% discrepancy. This way above the acceptable variance limit, i.e., 10%. However, there are no results for contaminants, microbes, and heavy metals, showing that maybe American Shaman does not test for these parameters.
Here are the specs and characteristics that define the CBD American Shaman company;
- An average price point of $0.20 for tinctures and $0.05-$0.10 for other CBD products
- USA-sourced hemp
- Money-back guarantee that offers full refunds within 45 days from the purchase day in case of dissatisfaction
- The price of products range from $7.99 to $179.99
- Full-spectrum CBD extracts
- The highest price point is $0.66 per mg CBD
- A wide assortment of products, including edibles, pet edibles, human and pet tinctures, topicals, capsules, and others
- There is worldwide shipping from the United States of America
- Taste is guaranteed in the edibles
- There is no discount for the military veteran community
American Shaman official page does not have a section that addresses their manufacturing processes, but only a little information about this can be found in the ‘What is Hemp oil’ and the ‘Proprietary Nanotechnology’ sections under the FAQ part, and they discuss the differences between hemp and marijuana plants and emphasize that the company uses hemp flowers to produce its CBD goods. The full-spectrum CBD products contain various cannabinoids, including cannabinol (CBN), cannabigerol (CBG), and tetrahydrocannabinol (TCH), and have less than 0.3% THC content. The site states that the hemp that American Shaman uses is grown in the USA, but the location of the farm or the processing facilities is not revealed.
The company formulates its products using proprietary nanotechnology to make them easily absorbable and digestible, although the claims are not backed by enough reference. Like other CBD brands, American Shaman does third-party testing for its products to ensure that the THC and CBD potencies indicated in the labels match the content. Our review established that some of the products fell below the 10% acceptable variance others were above the limit. However, it does not run the same tests for contaminants like microbes, solvents, heavy metals, pesticides, and other harmful substances. The lab results can be accessed through the ‘Lab Reports’ section, although it is not guaranteed that you will always find the test results for the batch you are looking for.
Range of Products
American Shaman is a popular brand that sells many CBD products, whose ranges include;
American Shaman sells CBD oils in the form of roll-ons, water-soluble tinctures, and topical serums, all of which are made using proprietary nanotechnology methods. They feature different flavors, including natural, grape, lemon, cherry lemonade, moon, cool, and blueberry, all of which should be taken twice a day. All the CBD tinctures contain 0% THC and are available in different CBD potencies, including 150 mg, 300 mg, 450 mg, and 750 mg CBD per 15 ml. While some can be added to drinks, other tinctures are strictly meant for sublingual use, so read the label’s instructions carefully.
The brand’s topical products include creams (500 mg CBD/30 ml or 250 mg CBD/ 15 ml), lotions (30 mg CBD/ 60 ml or 120 mg CBD/ 240 ml), face cream (60 mg CBD/ 60 ml), under eye serum (300 mg CBD/10 ml), terpene-rich topical serum (450 mg CBD/ 15 ml or 150 mg CBD/ 5 ml), and the topical serum roll-ons (300 mg CBD/ 10 ml). All these products are strictly meant for topical application, and each has different uses, including handling discoloration, wrinkles, black spots, bad body odor.
American Shaman also sells 10 mg CBD gummies extracted using the proprietary nanotechnology of the non-GMO hemp. They are formulated with gelatin, glucose, syrup, artificial flavors and colors, as well as other ingredients that make them inappropriate for vegans, vegetarians, and people with celiac disease. The brand also offers gourmet, sugar-free, and energy gummies, which depending on your target, you can choose from. The CBD potencies in the gummies vary between 10 and 25 mg/unit, depending on the gummy.
You can buy American Shaman’s CBD capsules that each contain 15 mg CBD and MCT oil. The 30 and 60 capsule packages contain 450 mg and 900 mg of CBD, respectively, and cost $59.99 and $109.99.
CBD Pet Items
American Shaman also sells CBD items for pets, including terpene-rich topicals, oils, and edibles, all of which are nanotechnology-extracted. You can buy pet tinctures, dog treats (turkey and peanut flavors), terpene-rich hemp oils, dog nugs, and horse liniments for horses’ hooves, skin, injury, joints, and muscles.
Apart from the topical products discussed above, American Shaman also sells CBD lip balm made from full-spectrum CBD oil and olive oil, bath bombs, massage oil, and soap designed with irritant-free products. Besides, they feature various flavors for each skincare item, with potencies varying from 0.5 to 30 mg CBD/ml.
American Shaman CBD brand offers clients four different types of CBD tea, including lemon, chamomile citrus honey, mango orange peel, and raspberry pear hibiscus. Each can contains 10 mg of CBD, although we don’t know how many ounces are there in a can. Besides, the labels’ writings are not visible enough to reveal the ingredient used to make the tea.
What We Like About the Company
Several factors influenced our decision to recommend the CBD American Shaman brand, and they include;
- The money-back guarantee; Shaman American offers to give its clients a full refund within 45 days from the day of purchase if they find dissatisfaction with the CBD products bought.
- The US-Hemp Authority Certification; the company’s hemp farms have been certified by the US hemp Authority, an organization that appraises hemp farms that meet their standards.
- Fast delivery; according to American Shaman’s official website, the company delivers orders within 2-3 days.
- The free shipping arrangement; the company offers to ship CBD products to clients who order purchases above $100.
- Subsidized prices for individuals with suboptimal financial situations; American Shaman offers their products at reduced prices to clients with difficult economic conditions.
- An expansive product range; is one major highlight of the company since it stocks many CBD products, including skincare, tinctures, pet items, gummies, candies, and many more.
- Water-soluble CBD products; the American Shaman CBD brand deals in water-soluble products that are easily bioavailable once taken.
- The brand uses US-sourced hemp, so clients can rest assured about this, although the exact locality of the farms is not revealed.
What We Do Not Like About the Company
Despite the many factors we appreciate about Shaman American, we did not like the following about the brand;
- Insufficient information about the company’s origin; we could not find comprehensive information on American Shaman’s origin, when it was launched, and who makes up the lead team. We would appreciate getting this information.
- An expensive average price points of $0.20 and $0.05 to $0.15 per mg CBD for tinctures and other products, respectively.
- Although the brand uses nanotechnology to break down CBD particles for maximum absorption, American Shaman does not mention whether the method is proprietary or published enough references on the official web page to support this technology.
- American Shaman does not state where its hemp farms or manufacturing facility are located in the USA, leaving many questions unanswered.
- The brand’s customer service is unresponsive, and despite promising to send lab reports in weeks, they had not been availed by the time we were conducting the review.
- Not every batch number of products has lab results because we keyed in the batch numbers for the products we bought, but we got no results.
- Third-party testing processes only check THC and CBD potencies but do not examine the products for contaminants, suggesting that the pollutants such as heavy metals and microbes could find their way into the human system anyway.
- The company’s official webpage’s FAQ section is somewhat limited and features only a few concerns.
We reviewed the American Shaman CBD brand and concluded that it has a good market reputation. Although its products have a high price point of more than $0.20 per mg CBD, the company sells high-quality items and applies nanotechnology to make the CBD more bioavailable. We liked many factors about the bran, including its compassionate program, the 45-day money-back guarantee, and the free shipping provision for purchases above $100. Still, we did not appreciate the facts that the website does not say anything about the company’s founders or origin.