-what are the blue zones?
Blue zones are areas around the globe with people who live healthier, eat right, stay active, and sleep well, which increases their longevity.
-what are the best exercises for longevity and why?
Blue zones include five regions, which exercise differently, including;
- Sardinia, Italy- walking every day, unless they have to cover longer distances, intense farming activities, and fishing.
- Ikaria, Greece- body weight workouts and dance.
- Loma Linda, California- Walking for long miles, and they also stick to plant-based diets.
- Okinawa, Japan- Kempo, a form of martial arts.
- Nicoya Peninsula- Vinyasa yoga that mainly enhances breathing and balance.
-How does exercise/movement in the blue zones look different to what we consider as exercise?
Blue zones believe in community fitness
Many people in the blue zones are more into exercise because they exercise as a group. It makes someone get motivated to move together with the rest. While you may not see the results, but your friends and family will keep you going because you cannot live them.
Farming is a great workout and the produce is healthy
Unlike what most people consider as exercise, the blue zones mainly work as a community, including in gardening activities, which keeps them fit. The activities can enhance mood and reduce blood pressure. They feature moving from place to place as you do other duties like seed planting, picking fruits, and collecting harvests in one area for transportation.
- Why Men In Hong Kong Shouldn’t Cheat - March 24, 2023
- Victoria’s Secrets crosses the Line - March 24, 2023
- Three Things He Doesn’t Want To Tell You - March 24, 2023