Promotes Healthy Blood Sugar and Insulin Levels
A diet low in carbs and high in fat and protein can prevent spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels, a study published on Nutrition and Metabolism suggests (https://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-2-34). Due to this, the keto diet can be a great deal for people battling diabetes and insulin resistance.
Increases the synthesis of “Good” Cholesterol
According to one study (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10584043/), the high-fat content of the keto diet increases the synthesis of “good” cholesterol.Studies(https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/01.cir.0000154555.07002.ca) show high levels of good cholesterol reduce the likelihood of heart disease.
Promotes Weight Loss
Study(https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29466592/) after study shows keto diet promotes weight loss. One way the keto diet helps you lose weight is by reducing blood sugar and insulin levels. When you have high blood sugar and insulin levels, your body tends to store excess blood sugars in the form of glycogen or lipid. Glucose stored in the form of lipids can make you gain weight in your midsection.
Prevents High Blood Pressure
When you have low insulin levels, you may not suffer from inflammation, which increases your blood pressure. One study(https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16409560/) suggests that healthy blood pressure levels reduce the risk of heart disease, kidney failure and stroke, increasing longevity.
Suppresses Your Appetite
One study shows keto diet can suppress your appetite and prevent food cravings. As a result, you may eat fewer calories.
Pros of the Keto Diet
- Helps you lose weight
- It can treat or prevent cancer
Cons of the Keto Diet
- Not eating enough carbs can wreak havoc on your energy levels and concentration
- Eating a lot of saturated fat can increase your cholesterol levels, which spells trouble for your heart health
- Elevate Energy, Soothe Stress, And Peak Performance with The New UNBEETABREW Coffee Sensation - September 21, 2023
- Chef Bob’s Coffee: A Journey Fueled by Passion - July 29, 2023
- Amatera: Redefining Beauty by Embracing Aging Gracefully - June 10, 2023